Knees - stop winging and do something

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Strikesure, Oct 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's it, dispair time.
    A 'grown up' who should know better was banging on about his knees last week end and their utter knackeredness having spent far too long in Her Majesty's service carrying her possessions round the world on his back and then kneeling down on a pebble - remember that one and how they sting, 'nuff to make one sob.

Anyway the research is out:
    Bucci LR. Pain-Free. Ft. Worth, TX: The Summit Group, 1995.
    Theodosakis, Adderly, and Fox. The Arthritis Cure. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1997.
    Vergruggen G, et al. Chondroitin sulfate: structure/disease modifying antiarthritis drug in the treatment of finger joint OA. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 1998;6(A):37-8.
    Bourgeois P, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of chondroitin sulfate 1200 mg a day versus chondroitin sulfate three times 400 mg a day versus placebo. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 1998;69(A):25-30.
    Bucsi L, Poor G. Efficacy and tolerability of oral chondroitin sulfate as a symptomatic slow-acting drug for osteoarthritis in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 1998;6(A):31-6.
    Ronca F, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity of chondroitin sulfate. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 1998;69(A):14-21.
    Uebelhart D. Effects of oral chondroitin sulfate on the progression of knee osteoarthritis: a pilot study. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 1998;68(A):39-46.
    Andersen GD. Glucosamine, part II. Dynamic Chiropractic June 15, 1998;16(13):26.

Bottom line is start taking chondroitin sulphate now and it'll save your knees, 'change your life for ever, swear to God' (by the way a hexiblock sweetie for any one who can tell me where that one comes from) but make sure you are taking a well known brand because one of these studies reveals that most contain nothing but white powder (hmmm). Apparently it don't matter how often a day but stick with the advised limit.

If it was my army I'd force them to take the stuff and save all that legal madness and cash loss once the've left.

Sorry about that rant.

2. errr: does anyone else understand this, or is it just me?

3. I think he's winging it.

4. Understood first paragraph, headache came on second line of second paragraph, didn't make it to summary. Maybe I'm just dumb.

5. Tried it, doesn't work.

Your link, I mean.

FF.