Knees over Toes Guy

I've been watching a few videos of this guy recently.

He started out with wrecked knees and bugger all mobility after a few ACL reconstructions. Then he came up with this.
Apparently squatting with knees over toes is a big no no but he explains that it strengthens the knees hamstrings and ankles.
I've been trying the split squat he does and I have to say I've been blowing out.
I think his videos are worth a look although I doubt I'll be paying for his full program.
He got a mention on Joe Rogan podcast the other week and his subscribe count went through the roof.
Good exercises for strengthening the lower body for some of you that thought it was all over.

@AsterixTG @Club Swinger
I meant to tag you into the original thread.
Have you heard of this guy ?
He's about strengthening knees and ankles with some quite tricky exercises.
I say tricky as my mobility isn't as good as I thought it was but already I can see improvement from doing his split squat exercise .

@AsterixTG @Club Swinger
I say tricky as my mobility isn't as good as I thought it was but already I can see improvement from doing his split squat exercise .
No, I haven't but thanks for the heads up - will have a look.

@AsterixTG @Club Swinger
I've never heard of him either, but then I've never looked. When I started running again in October 2020, 6 x per week, on three of those sessions I did weights and situps in the garage using an Abs Cradle. Part of the routine was 3 sets of 30 squats holding a 5kg weight in each hand.

Back straight with a neutral spine, head up, squatting to full 90 degrees, knees in line with but never over the toes.

The theory is interesting. I'll check out the videos and get back to you with a comment.

Doing squats helps improve muscle tone and strength in the hamstrings, quads and gluts, and assists with stability issues of the knee.

Static Isotonic exercises improves it even more.

I've been watching a few videos of this guy recently.

He started out with wrecked knees and bugger all mobility after a few ACL reconstructions. Then he came up with this.
Apparently squatting with knees over toes is a big no no but he explains that it strengthens the knees hamstrings and ankles.
I've been trying the split squat he does and I have to say I've been blowing out.
I think his videos are worth a look although I doubt I'll be paying for his full program.
He got a mention on Joe Rogan podcast the other week and his subscribe count went through the roof.
Good exercises for strengthening the lower body for some of you that thought it was all over.

Are you taking the piss?

I've watched the videos. He talks a lot of sense and makes a lot of valid points. Most Remedial Instructors and Physios that I know would say that the exercises he is doing are contraindicated meaning they could do more damage than good.

I would agree, if the rate of progression is advanced too early, then potentially it could make matters worse.

But never say never...

Polyester

War Hero
@AsterixTG @Club Swinger
Cheers for the heads up for this. My knees are pretty knackered and it’s impacting on my desire to train so this is really interesting.

Attachments

• MF1.jpg
    MF1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • MF2.jpg
    MF2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • MF3.jpg
    MF3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • MF4.jpg
    MF4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • MF5.jpg
    MF5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • MF6.jpg
    MF6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • MF7.jpg
    MF7.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
I plan to incorporate his split squats and angle/slope board squats into my fitness regime.

My knees are usually pretty good, but sometimes, going down hill, if I'm not warmed up, they'll feel slightly painful/creaky.

So I got a slope board and have began to do slope board squats and single leg knee-over-toes squats.

Strength wise it's not a problem, I squat with weight regularly, to just below thighs parallel with the ground; Mark Ripitoe style.

But once below parallel - all the way down - on the way up, Jesus, my knees make a lot of crackling and or popping sounds; there's no pain. I know what it is, Wor Lass (a runner) has had this for years when she goes up stairs.

But the noise is concerning anyway.

A confirmatory google shows I'm right:

But I'm going to increase my stretching regime, which is next to nil at the mo.

So I got a slope board and have began to do slope board squats and single leg knee-over-toes squats.

Strength wise it's not a problem, I squat with weight regularly, to just below thighs parallel with the ground; Mark Ripitoe style.

But once below parallel - all the way down - on the way up, Jesus, my knees make a lot of crackling and or popping sounds; there's no pain. I know what it is, Wor Lass (a runner) has had this for years when she goes up stairs.

But the noise is concerning anyway.

A confirmatory google shows I'm right:

But I'm going to increase my stretching regime, which is next to nil at the mo.

2nd time doing knees over toes slope board squats and single leg knees-over-toes squats.

Much less knee noise today. It could be because I was properly warmed up from doing the hip flexor exercise; the one where he straps a weight to his feet first?

I can have hip flexor issues; sharp pain in recovery if I've over-stressed them from running. No amount of running has sorted this. It's a bit like sciatica, but in the hip flexor. I've spent periods of time stretching them too (in the past), but that hasn't worked.

It's not a major issue, but I thought the hip flexor strengthening exercise might help.

Latest Threads