knee problems

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by t-rex, Aug 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i've posted a few threads on this problem. I've recently been to the physio and she says i've got something called chondromalacia patelle. If anyone has had or have this condition i would appreciate any advise on how to cure it or treat it.

The physio taped my knee as she thinks the pattalle is misaligned, and also give me some exercises to do.

All comments will be most appreciated
  2. Check your PMs.
  3. i got diagnosed with chondromalacia patellae initially - then they decided 4 years later that it was, in fact, osteoarthritis. don't know if the one led to the other, or if it was a misdiagnosis. but they tend to call it by the catch-all phrase "anterior knee pain" now anyway - far less impressive sounding.

read back through the various knee threads on this board for how it has affected me, can't be arrsed typing it all again :)
  4. hi guys
    I have misaligned knees, not as bad as it sounds, but when both feet are pointing forwards the knees tend to stick inwards a bit. Therefore when I walk I walk a bit like a duck (feet pointing outwards) so my knees point forwards (all automatically, I dont even realise) would this sort of thing be a problem for the medical? I have no problem running and am looking at getting insoles that align my knees and feet.
  5. The quack (sorry, doc, yeah, bad pun) will make you walk up and down his room and check things like this. So it probably will be spotted, whether or not it's a problem to him or not, I cannot say.

Like, he said I had a slight misalignment of the spine or something, but it wasn't a problem.

I'd guess if it causes you no problems in your running or whatever, then it should not be a problem for you joining up. Good luck.
  6. Jack,

If you're getting special orthapedic insoles, I can put you in contact with one of the best physio's in the British Isles. He's got a very gucci bit of kit that scans your feet and cuts out human error altogether. He is based in Dublin though. And the insoles aren't what you'd call exactly cheap. But they are good. Let me know if you're interested or not.
  7. thanks for the quick reply forks
    Thought it might be all over
  8. hi matelot
    thanks for the suggestion, don't really have the money to go to dublin, and as you said the insoles themselves aren't cheap.