Knee probelm

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chris_2oo6, Jul 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. after smashing my knees through loads of crawling at warcop, i keep getting a pain just below my kneecap, not sure what the areas called

anyway its not a constant pain just now and then if am sitting in the back of a warrior etc with my legs tucked in.

had it about 2 months now and thought i could "walk it off" so to speak + i thought it'd disappear in time.

dont wanna go sick out here in iraq as it'll make me look like a mincin cnut, anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be... or any exercises i could do to make it better?

2. forgot to add

the pain gets that unbareable i HAVE to stretch my leg, otherwise it turns to agony
  3. With respect, and it's your call - but wouldn't you look like something a lot worse if you had to debus and run, and your mates ended up carrying you cos of an injury you ought to have fixed weeks earlier?

I'd report it, get it seen to. You'll only store up trouble for later otherwise, and you might put your mates at risk. That's my 2p worth anyway.
  4. Cow

Cow LE

I agree, last thing you need to be is bagage in the field. There must be other duties you can do rather than be on the ground? Get it seen to, you'll need it in the future. If you don't it'll get worse, they always do!
  5. As I see it you have 3 choices

1) as stated above be a liabilty to your mates

2) again as above ingnore it even more until its that bad you'll need about 12 months in rehab (possibly affecting fitness/promotions etc.)

3) get down to the physio who will diagnose and treat the problem and cancel out the chances of 1 & 2 occuring.
  6. think you guys misunderstood me

i can run til the cows come home, no problems there... when i put pressure on the knee , ie stand up the pain go's

spoke to my pti he reckons its tendonitis
  7. Try squats.. like constant shifting on the weight/ knee position. I reckon it's similar to my problem where you ride a bike too small for you and there's too much of a bend in your knee :p
  8. I was gonna suggest Tendonitis.

Ice and brufen.
  9. Sounds like tendonitis, I have your same problem. Stretching your calfs and quads a couple of times a day can help. Try and do squats to build your legs up aswell. Get better soon I know what it feels like.