Knee pain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by roar, Aug 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i began running again 3 months ago. and sicne the last 2 or 3 weeks i began feeling mild left knee pain. now the pain is pretty mild. like just couple of minutes it happen sometimes when i run and most of the time happens when i'm not running. The pain that i feel happen when i squat after sleeping i can feel the pain and after taking few steps not more than 5 or 6 steps after the squating the pain fades completely. that's pretty much what i've been feeling.
    i run 3 to 4 times a week for a distance of 2.5 miles each time. and most of the times my warming up period is like 10-15 mins. and i use professional running shoes.
    any help, or guidance??
    thanks alot.

2. Have you tried your GP?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will you steady on with your crazy, off the wall suggestions? The OP should, of course, go to that well known and reliable source of medical information - random anonymous internet users on a military themed web site.

GP's indeed, it's not like they spend several years learning about medical matters or anything.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Seems a bit minor right now for a GP, if it continues I would consider it.

5. Right we'll put you on Light Duties mate............
    WTF man how is arrse going to help? Might as well ask Yahoo! Answers.

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Frankly, I think a visit to his / her GP would be a wasted trip: Sounds like knee cancer to me.

• Like Like x 7
  7. I'll go with the knee cancer and book a round of radiation therapy right away.

8. If you were a horse you would be shot

• Like Like x 1
  9. I can get hold of a pantomime cow outfit. will that convince anyone to shoot the ******?

10. There will be a virtual GP in the chat room tonight after 2000hrs. If anyone needs a diagnosis you'll need to make a YouTube clip to post.

11. As I can't manage a psychic consultation, and I can't see or examine your knees, check for over/under pronation, check leg length, gait, shoe wear pattern and many other things, then I'd suggest you go to someone who can.

You came here for advice, have been given advice, decided you don't like the advice, so if you won't take the previous advice, take this small nugget..

**** OFF YOU DRIBBLING FUCKTARD,

thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

this post is sponsored by the campaign for blatantly abusive English for the difficult of thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sounds to me like your kneecaps are the wrong shape. You can get around this little handicap by only ever running backwards.

13. A bit of advice from someone who had years of pain due to osteo-arthritis and rcently had both knees replaced. Stop running and see your GP.

14. Pull the udder one

• Like Like x 1
  15. Will he get new knees?