knee cracking

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by conman, Aug 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. im only 14 and my knees always cracks and sometimes hurt, might i get arthritis when im older?
  2. i would suggest speaking to your GP (doctor) if you are concerned.
  3. Any clues in the Avatar
  4. No! as far as I remember Josey Wales' knees were fine :D
  5. Conman just rest up for the running around for a few days, if that does'nt sort it out go and see the Doc
  6. :D Try the local witch doctor , seems stinging nettles help the blood flow :D
  7. Oo ee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
  8. At your age it is probably that Osgood-Schlatter's thing, which will go away, but see the doc.

    That said, look after your knees; knackered knees are a ballache.
  9. Get it looked at, had the same problem at your age with my right knee, it also used to "lock out" allot which was rather painful. Eventually when i was 24 the cruciate snapped on a rapid decent of a nice hill in Long Valley. Having said that there is now no prob's and don't notice the absence of said ligament.
  10. Knee cracking.. Arthuritis.. not really related. Sounds like dodgey knee caps, Osgood Schlatters as said, when some part grows too fast or something. Sorted with a good ole spurt :)
  11. Could be the tendons snapping across the joints?

    Either way take the general advice and get to the doc. Only thing to consider, is most GP's fix colds, not musculo-skeletal injuries so if you are even remotely unhappy with what the doc says, seek someone else out, like a physio.
  12. Get it seen to, quick. Clicking and crunching usually shows cartrilidge damage, I think.

    Osgoods Schlatters is easily identifiable because under your kneecap you will have a lovley big bump, do you have this? If you answered yes then you probaly have osgoods schlatters, which goes when you have grown up, either way get itseen too.
  13. I always thought I was generously endowed, but I'm humbled.... 8O
  14. If it is happening a lot & is painful - GO TO YOUR GP & GET A REFERRAL TO AN ORTHOPETIC SURGEON!!! (I wish I had when I was your age!!) also I'd advise you to keep a diary of what your doing (eg exercise types etc), when you get the pain & where it is - it will help the GP & Surgeon.
  15. if it is Osgoods Schlatters how long does it take to go away