Kit updates

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Ubersniper, Aug 17, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This topic is to discuss upgrades to kit ie the newer S'95 stuff. One thing I want to ask is has the Patt '58 water bottle been replaced? Our sqn WO claims to have a new army issue water bottle, its a bit longer that the Patt 58 and does not have an intergral mug :? . If that is meant to be the replacement I don't think it will go down well

2. Haven't you got the new Gucci metal mug? (by new i mean it came out on issue after i left in 98 so it may not be that 'new').

3. Odd,

I'm aware that there's a replacement being trialled for one of the other stalwarts, the hexi-burner. Though as it's designed to mate with the metal version of the 58 mug only one of these devices is coming to a QM near you soon.

On the other hand, given some recent procurement decisions.....

BB

4. To my understsnding, the metal non-stick mug will fit onto the base of the 58 patt bottle. That ethanol gel burner that clips onto the base is a great idea, at least its easier to get the damn thing going. Has anyone had a chance to try it out? I'm thinking about getting one from cadet direct