Kit to buy for an Op Tour

12x units deploying on H16 have been given clear direction on Helmet Cam.

Strips of MTP material are to be tied into the elastic on the helmet cover. This is to be done prior to deployment.
Oh well, extras for me in my first week on RSOI.

12x units deploying on H16 have been given clear direction on Helmet Cam.

Strips of MTP material are to be tied into the elastic on the helmet cover. This is to be done prior to deployment.
Some photos of 1 R ANGLIAN showing this style:

If you live near Cambridge, there's a shop there that does these - I could fit a change of uniform (95 shirt & trousers + underwear and 1pair of socks) in one comfortably. 10 for £2.50.

Hi iamalondoncrab,
Where abouts in Cambridge is this shop and what's the shop I may need to have a look at these as opposed to an Ortleib dry bag being currently used due to weight.
Many thanks in anticipation,
RTh

scots_wahey

Old-Salt
Recently I saw a soldier with a 'cabbaged' helmet firing a 60mm mortar...his helmet cam ended up on fire and he was lucky not to get burnt. IMO The worst thing you can put on your helmet cover is the plasticky cam netting material which will melt when it burns.

I like the Oakley gloves, but I did prefer the Mechanix gloves for dextrity like these ones Gun Holsters, Tactical gear and Weapon Accessories - Action Gear Def take your iPod and Ipad, Hardrive with movies and music, and get a small pelican case, something like these here Pelican 1080 Hardback Case as the dust will get into everything. I found these cases to be the bomb! Buy some other small ones as well to protect cameras and hardrives as well. Oh and dont forget the recon wrap - made by spec-ops I think off the top of my head as well - Recon Wrap | Tactical Headgear | SPEC.-OPS these are really handy. Maybe even get two.

The recon wrap can bu used as a bandana, under the helmet liner - but my personal favourite reason is that you wrap it around your mouth and nose to stop all that crazy dust choking the hell out of you. I had two, one that I could wash after a trip, or sometimes if it got too hot use one under the helmet as a liner. They are well worth it - They are just so useful. Its pretty much a tube of soft material that you shape how you need it.

imedic

Clanker
The issued sweat rags are pretty effective at keeping sweat out of your eyes and seem to help somewhat in stopping your ballistic glasses from fogging up.

Only place I remember thinking that it would be nice to have a dust mask was in Bastion. It's full of super fine dust (like talcum powder) and gets everywhere especially if the wind is picking up. If you're doing top cover or in an open vehicle a wrap/shemagh/facemask would be pretty handy.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

What is this oke doing ?

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
No wah.

left handed firing, it's in the Pam now. Should have been anyway for years.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
No wah.

left handed firing, it's in the Pam now. Should have been anyway for years.

"The weapon must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort."

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Boxy

GCM
But that's new fangled, favoured by the Americans and will promote gangsta style positions, the fact that it works is irrelevant

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But that's new fangled, favoured by the Americans and will promote gangsta style positions, the fact that it works is irrelevant.
My first thoughts exactly, then I tried it.
Excellent on the L129 too.

Seumas

Crow
One piece of kit I've never regreted is a BCB neck cooler. You soak it till it's like a kahki sausage and stick it round your neck. Evapouration does the rest. Stops you sweating like a pervert. You can wet your shemaagh for the same result.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Septics give them away by the bucketful.

Latest Threads