Kit Shortages "Absolute Bollocks" according to Ainsworth

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bobthedog, Jan 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, it's not exactly the first time that he's come out with absolute bollocks where the armed forces are concerned.

2. Ainsworth really just is a total throbber.

Every time I hear him on the radio, he's spouting more uninformed bollocks.

How do these people get appointed to positions of responsibility, when their intellectual level is somewhere between a root vegetable and a house brick?

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Don't you watch UK reality TV these days? I think that Labour Central Office takes it lessons in candidate selection from them.

All you need to be is a self publicising tosser with attitude and no shame and you can get to do anything you want..... :roll:

BB has a lot to answer for....

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

self publicising tosser with attitude and no shame....... hmm been accussed of that myself! so me for Primeminister then.

5. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Nothing more than is to be expected from what appear to be Stalinist scum who think they rule this country and therefore are above the law, and have no need to display any form of decency or good manners.
    Their attitude seems to indicate there is only concern for power and the system; the civilian population and the Armed Forces are merely statistics.

6. A creature of dubious characteristics.

During 1982 and 1983 he was a candidate member of the International Marxist Group, but he was never a full member of that organisation.

He has shown how incompetent he is by his shifty, misinformed diatribe before Christmas about troop levels in Iraq. It appears that of the 1000 troops that were due back from Iraq, 500 have never got there, 270 were already back before Cyclops arrived with his tumultuous morale boosting announcement so only 230 actually returned.

He also voted in favour of exempting MPs from the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act to ensure his expenses were not subject to public scrutiny.

Number 1 in Defence (Des "bean counter" Browne) has been relegated to Part Time status with the MOD footing the bill for his Scottish job.

With Ainsworth as Number 3 in the Defence "Food Chain" this epitomises this Governments open and very public contempt of the Armed Forces.

7. Sadly for Mr Ainsworth, it appears that a report into the death of Mark Wright GC would suggest that the absolute b*ll*cks being spouted emanates from the Minister...

Torygraph - Army hero left to die by failings at MoD

8. Media article on Ainsworth:

A failure as a Departmental Minister but good enough to be Armed Forces Minister. :x

9. Is this statement not contradictory?

If all the helicopters were fully equipped why were the winches not provided? By default, if the winches were missing it was NOT fully equipped.

Why were the winches not inspected prior to deployment? If this was not possible, why was the testing not carried out "in theatre"?

Another unmitigated, disastrous, misleading half truth quote from the MOD spokesman.

10. This is Labour after all and you only have to consider how our forces have fared under their leadership the past 10 years so it’s no surprise politicians without any relevant military experience are being appointed to key posts. Part-timer Des Browne is a good case in point. With his area of expertise being child law, how does that qualify him for the Defence Secretary post? It’s highly insulting to our military having individuals like Browne and Ainsworth in key positions.

11. So Ainsworth is now lying about lying. Excellent! He's got it down to a fine art now.

12. Ainsworth, a true representation of the dearth of cabinet talent surrounding Gordon Brown. Oh the next couple of years are going to be fun. A run on the pound to follow a run on the bank. Not much fun if you are in the AF though. If anyone has current examples of shortages of equipment this is a very good opportunity to bring then to the attentions of a press that has by and large turned on the worst govt in living memory.

What a load of bollox.

13. If Neu Arbeit were serious about defence, The Rt Hon (talk about inaccurate - judging by what little I have heard about this buffoon he is very either right or honourable!!) Bob Ainsworth would already have been made to apologise for his outburst, at the very least.

However, as everyone who has served in the the military since 1997 knows, NA is not serious about defence. The amount of stories highlighting equipment shortages and/or failings, retention problems, recruitment problems etc etc only serve to prove that this gubmint is absolutely not serious about defence.

Put it another way, can you imagine doctors and nurses having to provide their own scalpels or other minor, but very important pieces of equipment? Because, as small a piece of equipment as it is, a minefield is pretty bloody important if you suddenly find yourself in the middle of a minefield. To my knowledge, there is no 'issue' minefield kit. I well remember making them up out of various bits and pieces for vehicles in my troop in 2006 / 2007.

So Mr Ainsworth, you may believe that the Conservative MP was talking 'absolute bollox' - but you should remove yourself from the Ivory Tower which you so obviously inhabit, and start doing the job the taxes I and other 'normal people' pay you to do - do not stop at Whitehall, for you will only find other people of your ilk there, warming their overly large posteriors in chairs designed for their health and well being. What a pity that money didn't go to the mine kits (for one thing) I mentioned previously - that might really have done some good.

And to finish, I hope the families sueing the MOD for negligence win, and win BIG! Perhaps then the gubmint will realise the little folk outside of Parliament can see through all their lies pretty much all of the time! Not to mention the fact that those soldiers deserve more than MOD will give.