Kit Review

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by LCPL_Bull, Jan 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have also posted this in the QMs section but thought i should put it here also.
    I recently purchased some comfort items of kit from RVOPs and thought i might as well share my thoughts with you, So:

LOWE ALPINE SARACEN 120Lt DPM BERGEN: Fantastic piece of kit very robust, hard wearing and best of all adjustable back size for added comfort, this really can take any load of your shoulders. 10/10

Exped Waterproof drybags bergen Collection:
    2x 13lt side pocket dry bags and 1x 110lt main compartment bag. perfect for keeping kit dry does what it says on the tin really. 8/10

Exped waterproof drybags multipack:
    pack contains 1x XS 1x S 1x M 1x L drybags as above but varying sizes. 8/10

Ranger super lite sleeping bag: perfect 2/3 season sleeping bag that packs down to almost nothing perfect for UK temperate conditions this is second one in 7 years (other one got ripped) overall great for weight reduction but maintaining warmth. 9/10

Multimat 3/4 size OG: this is so much better than the issue roll mat self inflates in just over 1 min so u can sort out your own admin, but can be manually inflated when needed. Keeps you warm and adds plenty of insulation when dossing. 10/10

RVOPS Basha Poles: No frills does what it says on the tin very robust and well made. 8/10

Bivvy zip marker ring: great piece of kit. Perfect for kit ID in the dark comes in a variety of colours and 2 sizes. 8/10

Lowa Patrol Boot(NON-GORE TEX):
    very comfy requires no breaking in and dry very fast if they get wet which is hardly ever brilliant for keeping feet toasty and dry on stag. 10/10

Petzl E+lite: great mini head torch very robust and very handy in the field,perfect for keeping hands free.9/10

Any questions about above please ask.
    I am also looking in to buying the All Arms Webbing Complete set by vanguard from kit monster if anyone has this belt kit please share opinions.
    Thanks Bull
  2. Must remember to ask a cadet for ideas on which kit to buy/use.
  3. ho ho ho ho ho ho cough wah.
  4. I have just been issued the following items of kit and felt I should review them.

Bergan - It holds stuff you put in it. 10/10

Gash Bag - When used to put your stuff in it keeps it dry. 10/10

2nd Gash Bag - also keeps your stuff dry. 10/10

Issue wanking chariot - Works well as somewhere to sleep but its green-ness means you cant find it in the dark. 5/10

Roll mat - Keeps your doss bag out of the mud and makes good padding for the inside of your helmet and webbing. 10/10

Sticks - I didn't even get issued these. I found them. Although only Remfs use them to basha up so I used them to poke my snoring oppo. 10/10

(What the fcuk is a zip marker). 0/10

Assault boots - They're black, waterproof and free. 10/10

Daylight - Fcuk doing anything in the dark. (see problems caused by green doss bag)
  5. Obviously not old enough to buy beer.
  6. The only time I needed a torch was to read a map. (Any one remember the beta lights) If you needed a torch at any other time then your kit was in shite order. If you didn’t know what it was by touch it’s not yours. Bunch of puffs, you'd be wanting time off next.
  7. I took a weeks leave once.