Kit Problems Solved at a Stroke - Knit one, pearl one

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by barbs, Jan 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A stroke of genius: this will solve all our kit issue problems...

Army News Story

2. im glad the rest of the toop's dont feel the cold it must be hell in ops and RHQ

3. Great to see that David Brent got a job with 7th Armd. Bde!

4. Cool jumper! I'm off on HERRICK soon; does anyone know where I can get one from. It's all about fashion in the field...

5. I thought this kit used to be issue in the Western Desert? I've a photo of my father wearing one as a Platoon Commander in Libya, and there are plenty of photos of 8th Army personnel wearing them. Isn't there a picture of Stirling and Mayne modelling said garments?

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

If only you knew!

7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Forget what happened in North Africa, these actually came about because CO Scots DG was sporting a rather impressive 'desert' coloured woolly pully in Batus this summer. Comd 7 Bde and several members of the HQ staff were rather taken with them...

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

There was an officer cutting about Shaibah last year wearing a rather nice sandy-coloured woolly pully with suede patches...

I may get one of these if invited on another one of Bliar's adventures - WWII aircraft mechanic stylee jumper:

[​IMG]

9. Didnt Monty have his famous V neck though?

10. I think Blair has already got plans for some more adventures mate ,maybe Iran this time

11. CO RDG?

12. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Not sure - only seen from a distance, but may well have been as I was there at the same time.