Kit needed for the TAs

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by GhillieTheKid, Apr 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'v searched the forums and can't find an answer, if this has already been posted then sorry, and could someone please point me in the right direction.

I am joining the TA's soon and was just woundering is there any kit I will need to get myself.

I was just woundering if there was anything anyone could recomend, such as bags/multitools/clothing.
  2. Issue kit is pretty good on the whole so I wouldn't go spending any thing big time at moment. Depends what you are joining you'll soon see what the guys have got and what takes your fancy
  3. Don't mean to be nit picky, but it's the TA, not the TA's. There's only one.
  4. Sorry, my mistake
  5. Quite...
  6. Infantry, if thats what you mean
  7. For CMSR stick with what you're issued. Once you're in then see what other people use and think about buying stuff. You do not want to be the bloke with all the gear but no idea.
  8. Recommended kit

Covered very well here. As others have said, you won't be able to use your own kit until you're trained, and until then, you'll not have much of an idea as to what your particular needs are anyway.

Edited for monglink
  9. PM sent
  10. Thanks thats helped a lot

EDIT: I didn't think i'd get issued much, thanks
  11. A lot of what you will need and be expected to use is the issue kit.
    But, there are some extras you might want to look into (provided you have the spare cash) that you should be able to use and will make your life a little easier.

Crack on with that link, that should help