Kit List

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Skitch, Nov 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

Just in a bit of a dilemma... I had a phonecall from the ACIO saying they are moving my Phase 1 date forward from 18th Febuary to 14th January. Now, I was applying for jobs to get some money up hoping to work for a month or two, however the joining date is so near now... I dont think my applications will be accepted for such a temporary work period.

I've also applied for a small grant but the company that supplies them has ran out of money. So my question is, can I loan any money from the Army for kit that can be taken out of my phase 1 wages?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Yay for getting in earlier :wink:
  2. Why don't you try and get Christmas work - surely Argos or someone will want extra staff for the next month?

Congrats on the earlier date by the way!!
  3. What kit do you need to buy for Phase 1?
  4. Mate, you dont need to buy much kit for basic, what kit was you thinking off getting?
  5. Went to Argos today, Apps. Closed, lol.

Thanks soozi ;)
  6. I'm not sure about kit yet, i'm gonna goto the ACIO and grab the list in 1 or 2 weeks.

Most things from what ive heard wont be too expensive, Except getting a good Iron, and trainers. I guess everythig else is just a few £'s. I'm gonna try a few more places to work that might accept me for just 1 month
  7. try an agency mate they should be able to help you pretty quickly just tell them you are looking for temporary work until a week before the 14th Jan.
  8. agencies are poo, they did not take me on when i was looking for work back in june bacause i did not have much wokr experience.
  9. Agencies are not "poo", they are very good for this sort of thing. Get a GOOD CV together (get it checked, re-checked, and checked again prior to handing it in by someone who is good at the written language, even an old English teacher) and get it into the Agency - everyone needs to start somewhere and they are aware of this. You could easily get a job as a drivers mate over the christmas period.
  10. How many did you go to? Some have different standards.
  11. you get issued trainers. i was told, you may be allowed to wear your own later on in the course if the PTI's will let you, but you'll be wearing the ones they give you for a while. by the time you get to wear others you'll have enough money to buy some.
  12. I got told you get issued some but my kit list states trainers - not brand new but worn in! so ihad to buy some, it might be different for different ATR's but i wouldn't off thought so,
  13. Cow

Cow LE

Everything you need is provided except for some Civies and Wash/shave kit. You only use issue kit for most of it so don't worry. Get a job and save so you can afford beer and fags after week 6.
  14. Yea, Argos always want extra staff for christmas.