Kit List

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Richard24, Mar 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this topic has already been brought up!
    Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a kit list for a selection weekend?
    Not recieved one from my unit and I'm due to go to Strensall on Friday!

Cheers.

2. Logon to www.armynet.mod.uk search for RTC. Click the link for 15 Bde RTC and follow the links to the courses handbook. The recruit selection kit list is in there.

Essentially you need PT kit (tracksuit bottoms, footie shirt or similar and decent trainers) which you will wear for most of the weekend. If you plan on going down the bar on the Saturday night (bearing in mind your run is on Sunday morning) then you need some smart civi clothes to change into. You will need a towel and washkit and that's about it. Take a padlock but don't be surprised if the lockers in the block are buggered and you can't use it.

3. That's spot on, thanks very much.

4. Bring a water bottle with you! You can't get enough to drink at Strensall. I felt like sh*t the day of the run because I hadn't had enough to drink. Good luck.

5. Haha will do thanks! Getting all packed up for it now, can't wait to get stuck in. XD

6. You'll enjoy it, I know I did. Make sure you've prepared for your ice breaker and practiced the Barb tests; if you haven't already. The link that JD150 gave you is a great source of information and breakdown of what happens on the weekend.
    When I did my RSW we lost a lot of people through the medical, it's the only aspect that you'll need a bit of luck for, everything else is up to your own preparation.

7. Yeah I've been swatting up on the BARB tests + the ice-breaker questions! I'll let you know how I get on!

Can you remember if you needed passport photo's? Handed some in to the Captain at 72 Engineers in my initial interview, so can't see why I might need them again.

8. No, you won't need to bring those with you. The passport photos will be for your MOD90 (ID card). You will need to bring some ID with you; driving licence ect, if you want to get to the bar on the saturday night.
    I'm going to be there this weekend doing my basic training. If you want more info on anything PM me.

9. Spot on mate, cheers!

10. Passed! Run time was 11.07, really worried about the weekend more than I needed to.