Kit list for basic

#1
Is there a list of all the kit I would need to buy for basic training?

I presume I'll need to bring my own towels, boot polishing kit etc... I'm not sure about a lot of stuff, torches, 1st aid kit, travel iron etc...
 
#3
hopefulrecruit said:
Is there a list of all the kit I would need to buy for basic training?

I presume I'll need to bring my own towels, boot polishing kit etc... I'm not sure about a lot of stuff, torches, 1st aid kit, travel iron etc...
There's plenty of thread's in this forum about what kit you SHOULD and SHOULDN'T take to basic.

Have a poke around.
 
#4
Have a look at the website for the ATR you will be attending, I know Pirbright and Lichfield definately publish theirs on the internet.
 
#6
TAcont said:
In the TA you need your own iron, touch foot powerder, tape inersoles and boots that fit ideally.
What?

Have you been sniffing fcuking glue or something? That answer made no sense at all.

Just what the feck is "touch foot powerder"?

:x
 
T

the_mentalist

Guest
#7
hopefulrecruit said:
Is there a list of all the kit I would need to buy for basic training?

I presume I'll need to bring my own towels, boot polishing kit etc... I'm not sure about a lot of stuff, torches, 1st aid kit, travel iron etc...
Yaaaaawn!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Stop flapping and read your instructions from the recruiting office!
 
#8
the_mentalist said:
hopefulrecruit said:
Is there a list of all the kit I would need to buy for basic training?

I presume I'll need to bring my own towels, boot polishing kit etc... I'm not sure about a lot of stuff, torches, 1st aid kit, travel iron etc...
Yaaaaawn!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Stop flapping and read your instructions from the recruiting office!
do you have a positive word to say to any recruit?
 

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
#9
When you get a list, make sure you take everything on the list.

You will get some on here who say "Don't take X 'cos you won't need it." but just because they didn't need it does not mean that you won't need it or be asked to produce it.
 
T

the_mentalist

Guest
#11
arby said:
the_mentalist said:
hopefulrecruit said:
Is there a list of all the kit I would need to buy for basic training?

I presume I'll need to bring my own towels, boot polishing kit etc... I'm not sure about a lot of stuff, torches, 1st aid kit, travel iron etc...
Yaaaaawn!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Stop flapping and read your instructions from the recruiting office!
do you have a positive word to say to any recruit?
Sorry Arby

I will try to behave in future, it's just that this topic must mave been covered a million times and the lazy fcukers can't be bothered to search for an answer, or read the instructions that they are given.

I promise to be more possitive to our friends with rouge derriere!
 
#12
maninblack said:
When you get a list, make sure you take everything on the list.

You will get some on here who say "Don't take X 'cos you won't need it." but just because they didn't need it does not mean that you won't need it or be asked to produce it.
As said ask your Recruiter for the joining Instructions for the relevant ATR, some are generic others come out about four or five weeks before the start. You would normally get them on your documentatin checks (pre attestation) or at your attestation.
What ever you do make sure you do as maninblak says and take everything on the packing list as you dont want to upset your DS staff.

The_mentalist if you carry on like this ill get one of the youngsters to yellow card you. :D
 
#14
The_IRON said:
maninblack said:
When you get a list, make sure you take everything on the list.

You will get some on here who say "Don't take X 'cos you won't need it." but just because they didn't need it does not mean that you won't need it or be asked to produce it.
As said ask your Recruiter for the joining Instructions for the relevant ATR, some are generic others come out about four or five weeks before the start. You would normally get them on your documentatin checks (pre attestation) or at your attestation.
What ever you do make sure you do as maninblak says and take everything on the packing list as you dont want to upset your DS staff.

The_mentalist if you carry on like this ill get one of the youngsters to yellow card you. :D
No you won't, I burnt them all :twisted:
 
#15
the_mentalist said:
hopefulrecruit said:
Is there a list of all the kit I would need to buy for basic training?

I presume I'll need to bring my own towels, boot polishing kit etc... I'm not sure about a lot of stuff, torches, 1st aid kit, travel iron etc...
Yaaaaawn!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Stop flapping and read your instructions from the recruiting office!
Sorry.
I have found said list.
I was wondering if there is anything else which I would find useful.
for instance... Things I would consider very important are not on the list, such as vasaline (for blisters!), zinc tape, talc powder, sun cream if in the summer, etc...

I also have 2pairs of proper hiking socks, should I take them? should I even buy enough so I can wear them every day?
 
#16
You get one along with your joining instructions, talk to your careers office
 
#17
alrite mate i am currently 7 weeks into training... so i will give you a good kit list to go by..

you will want to large towels, dark in colour preferably.
a good wash kit consisiting of a good razor, foam, quite a few spare blades as NAAFI is exstroniate. few shower gels, couple of tooth brushes. 1 for locker lay out and 1 for atchual use mouisturiser as shaving every day is a killer on the skin, and when on ranges you tend to get wind burn, and when in the field. also shaving oil is advisable for when you are in the field. electric razors are NOT allowed.

bring a pair of flip flops. a good iron itis worth spending a bit of money on this in my opinion. and make sure you have 1 and dont beg and borrow all the time.

as for boot polish etc, this was all provided for me in a starter pack they give you which consists of pen pencils wallets, ring binder, web tex boot polish kit, twisties, and large resealable bags. This may varie from which ATR you go to or AFC.

some extra things i have bought since i have been there are ortney bags, you use these to line your bergen and rocket pouchs 100% water proof and much better then the lining issued.

a comfortable pair of insoles as issued are shite.

torhces arent allowed to be used in the field so is no need for them.

if you want to know any more PM me your msn .
 
#18
is it worth buyin your own thermals or is it all provided??

and torches are you not aloud to use the ones with red filter?
 
#19
no red light either.. i have two tiny key hole lights, but thats not realy allowed either. i bought some helly hansen thermal tops you arent allowed to ware them till final ex , because you have to ware issued kit.. but thats at my ATR it may varie were u go, but i think its a general rule. there will be a PRI shop were you can buy thermals and stuff from if you are allowed but wait out.
 
#20
which ATR you at? im off to pirbright 3rd december!

wot you going for?

how you getting on overall though mate?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
signals The Training Wing 7
A The Training Wing 53
B Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 6

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top