Kit list costs?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by BornSlippy, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question, how much did your kit list total? I'm 6 months out from basic and will be starting to put together my kit for basic soon. Would help me out.

Cheers.

2. and me .

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Stop flapping. You have 6 months to work it out for yourselves. Besides, no-one can give you the answer without knowing exactly what model of iron/shoes/trainers etc you plan on buying.

If you are that worried, stop dribbling all over this website and cost it out for yourself online by checking prices on Argos/M&S/Lidl etc. Once you have done that, budget for it or suggest the larger items as gifts from family if you have a birthday in the meantime.

Oh, and once again - stop flapping and use the search functions on the recruiting sub-forums.

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

You both, evidently, have access to computers, tell me; just how hard is it to take the kit list and google Argos/Asda/Tesco/The On-line Retailer of your choice?

5. no we were asking how much on average other people have spent on there kit lists to give rough average thanks

6. No shit sherlocks, yes we do have internet access but you could just answer the ******* question and tell us what your total was/is. If alot of people do that it would help out given that we could assume a general cost for the kit-list.

7. This.

8. bornslippy seeing as ur in surrey u going 1 Royal anglian ?

9. No mate Royal Engineers, you?

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

So what you are saying is that you could find out exactly how much you would have to spend, but would prefer to have a load of people from a website tell you how much they spent so you could have a very rough idea?

In other words, "I am too lazy to do some work for myself, and would rather have a half-baked answer from someone else".

11. 1 Royal anglian just thought u will be going basic same time as mw would be nice to have friendly face there but ur going engineers good choice i think . i like infantry though

12. Yes that is exactly what we are saying, was that hard to understand?

13. no would just like to no how much other recruits are spending so i dont turn up all gucci they think im a flash cnut

14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Idle.

Fail.

15. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

You'll go far in this mans army.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.