Kit Kat (non-biscuit)

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Dubb_al_Ibn, Apr 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, not so much cookery but food-related:

I've just had a two-fingered Kit Kat which contained no biscuit. The bar was from a multipack and all the others were normal. I have heard of this phenomenon before but thought it a bit of a myth.

Does anyone know if this is deliberate and how often does it happen?

I think we should be told.

2. It happened to me once a few years ago. I think it's an error in the manufacturing process.

3. Back in the day, my Old Dear used to work in a pub near the cocoa mill in Hull. She'd get reps in from Rowntree who'd give her bags of rejects for me and my brothers.

It wasn't until I actually shelled-out for a Kit Kat that I discovered they were supposed to have a biscuit inside them.

4. I have experienced biscuit-free Kit-Kat on a few occasions; it's very nice.
    Can't recall if it was the whole bar or just part.
    Do you imagine they are hand-crafted by low-paid artisans?
    I guess that the absence of a stick of biscuit in the mould, when the conveyor belt reaches the chocolate-squirting robot, might not be that uncommon.

5. Nothing that would surprise me or my brothers.

I had lots of uncles who smelled of chocolate, though. :D

6. When I lived in Maidenhead, as a kid, someone, who worked at Mars in Slough, used to give us bags of mis-shaped rejects.

EDIT: What's got a hazelnut in every bite?

...... Squirrel sh1t!!!! :D

7. Are they solid chocolate then, or hollow and slightly squashed because of the lack of biscuit foundation?

8. Solid chocolate. Looks exactly the same from the outside. Chocolate squirting machine must fill to the top of the mould, rather than measured dose.

EDIT: This crew on here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=824940

.... conclude that a Kit Kat Chunky without biscuit is a Yorkie.

9. You didn't eat it did you? Please God don't tell me you ate it! That was one of the winning bars of confectionary for a global competition. There were only five of them in the whole wide world. If you still have it you are one of five lucky winners who have the fantastic opportunity of touring the Nestle factory under the guidance of the mysterious Willy Wowntree.

10. You didn't eat it did you? Please God don't tell me you ate it! That was one of the winning bars of confectionary for a global competition. There were only five of them in the whole wide world. If you still have it you are one of five lucky winners who have the fantastic opportunity of touring the Nestle factory under the guidance of the mysterious Willy Wowntree.[/quote]

Doh ! Now you tell me.

11. The outrage bus is out at the moment can this wait till tomorrow