For Inspection Kit Kat Arrse anyone? Its a Bedford 4 Tonner in 1/35th!

This should get a few of you going, and yes I know the rope isnt on it. Build without the canvas, its another from InAccurate Armour.

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

Nice paint and weathering job but - 5th pic from the bottom - why the twist ??

Nice paint and weathering job but - 5th pic from the bottom - why the twist ??
Cab not glued in place - I must have knocked it when I turned it round to take the snap

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I managed to take some snaps of the other 4 tonner, which is from Firing Line. This is the first one I built. Some repairs to do as its lay around for a couple fo years - windscreen wipers need putting back on.

Anyway - here it is

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

and I've lost the light off the number plate, but an easy repair

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

So this is the Firing Line wagon and InAccurate Armour wagon.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I managed to take some snaps of the other 4 tonner, which is from Firing Line. This is the first one I built. Some repairs to do as its lay around for a couple fo years - windscreen wipers need putting back on.

Anyway - here it is

View attachment 359284

View attachment 359285

View attachment 359286

View attachment 359287
View attachment 359288

and I've lost the light off the number plate, but an easy repair

View attachment 359289

View attachment 359290
View attachment 359291

So this is the Firing Line wagon and InAccurate Armour wagon.
Outstanding work as usual Si, top class!

Looks like any wagon I drove when I returned it to MT. Always managed to bend thrm, apart.from the one I "sunk".
No "Expert" driver's badge for you then. ;-)

inAccurate Armour do a UBRE as well but at £158 sheets is a bit pricey.......

Nice builds. Just curious, but as you're obviously determined to slag off Accurate Armour, why did you bother to build theirs and what's wrong with it?

I ask because I'd like to build an MK myself sometime, and depending on what's so bad about the AA version, might look elsewhere for one.

Nice builds. Just curious, but as you're obviously determined to slag off Accurate Armour, why did you bother to build theirs and what's wrong with it?

I ask because I'd like to build an MK myself sometime, and depending on what's so bad about the AA version, might look elsewhere for one.
I had one of the first 10 Bedford 4 tonners out of the mold on their production line when they launched the kit. There was a fault with the mold which meant when they sprung the cabs, it want formed properly. At the time the kit was retailing for 100 sheets. I wrote to the lad that runs InAccurate Armour and pointed out the problem, so he sent me another cab. Same problem, so he sends me another. Same problem. At this point he accuses me of being a liar on a public forum. Mine was one of the first builds of this kit, so you find manufacturers follow builds avidly as they drive orders (the Wokka build had about 250,000 hits on two modelling forums, and a paint manufacturer withdrew a line of paints, refunded people who had bought the paint and relaunched it with a new formulae as a result of problems with their product which I commented on in the Wokka build - the paint didnt cure properly so it fcuked people builds when they painted them). You will find most modellers suck up to manufacturers as they get loads of freebees. I dont subscribe to that behaviour as as far as I'm concerned, people are paying a lot of bloody money for this stuff and if its shite, it should be called out

It transpired that InAccurate Armour had a rogue employee who was fcuking stuff up - a grudge or something. I never received an apology. So yes, I dont particularly like Derek.

The Bedford now retails at 150 sheets. I am sure the problem must be fixed now after the exchange on a the modelling forum, but I cant hand on heart say it is. If I was shelling out 150 sheets of my heard earned cash, I'd want to be sure that customer service is good and the supplier fixes their problems. they make a bloody lot of money out of modellers and 150 quid is a lot of money to many people.

As far as the build goes, with the exception of the cab, it went together really well. You will find it brings back lots of fond memories when you build it, like white arrses poking out of canvas and flashing innocent bystanders, piss wet through cam nets with that mouldy smell that only a cam net has, banter with mates etc. Its worth building one just for the memories.

Le me know if he's fixed the cab.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Just found this part of the forum and although I've inherited a Titanic model to build, I don't think I can post pictures on here with this calibre of stuff!

Great build @Simmerit, I was going to ask if it comes with a sachet of "Eau de mouldy cam net." That, along with diesel fumes and a permanently banging head are what springs to mind when I think of BAOR.

Just found this part of the forum and although I've inherited a Titanic model to build, I don't think I can post pictures on here with this calibre of stuff!

Great build @Simmerit, I was going to ask if it comes with a sachet of "Eau de mouldy cam net." That, along with diesel fumes and a permanently banging head are what springs to mind when I think of BAOR.
Soggy cam net. Only think that smells better than that is a mess tin full of breakfast on a cold day where you can see your breath in the air, with a hot brew and a fag in your hand. Eat, drink, smoke, eat drink, smoke. Carry on in your own time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
napier Gunners 94
K Gunners 15
DavidBOC Cookery 1