• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Kit Issue

I have recently been attested and have been told that kit will be issued shortly. I was just wondering what kit I should expect and what items the QM can be 'reluctant' to issue?

Depends on your unit to what and when you get issued in my experience having been in 2 lots.

As with the reluctant bit most QMs I have heard of shed a tear at the thought of letting a pencil go!! But that's another story ;)

Well I've just been accepted on the DETAPO scheme after passing the selection weekend and we've been told that the RTC will be doing kit issue so that we can start TAFS1. So in answer to your question no unit as such still shopping around.

Woodman said:
Well I've just been accepted on the DETAPO scheme after passing the selection weekend and we've been told that the RTC will be doing kit issue so that we can start TAFS1. So in answer to your question no unit as such still shopping around.
If you don't have your own kit issue by the time TAFS1 comes around, then borrow what you need from other people in the unit. That's what I did. Get going as soon as you can. In theory you're supposed to have all your own kit, but I managed to scrape through the first weekend until I got my first kit issue between TAFS1 and TAFS2.

our unit issue "gucci" black kit bags which you can actually use and base layer t shirts. However no such joy for those already serving as we are unable to exhange our old issue items for the new stuff

The_Green_Manalishi said:
Woodman said:
If you don't have your own kit issue by the time TAFS1 comes around, then borrow what you need from other people in the unit. That's what I did. Get going as soon as you can. In theory you're supposed to have all your own kit, but I managed to scrape through the first weekend until I got my first kit issue between TAFS1 and TAFS2.
especially if it has someone elses name tape on the chest 8O

Is there a list of what you get and another (possibly larger) on what you don't somewhere?

I am off to the stores on Monday to get my kit and am assuming that the RQMS knows his job and I will get everything I need and am supposed to. That said, I'd like a heads up before hand to know whether to take my car of the people carrier ;-). Do they publish a list anywhere by any chance?

P

Are there OPSEC reasons for not posting it here, if so then far enough. If not then is it possible for someone to post it somewhere here.

^ I've not posted it because
A. I dont have access and
B. I've no idea exactly what should be on the list.

Speak to your S/CQMS and I'm sure he/she will have a copy of said list.

Without actually consulting my list it will normally be the following for commencing CMSR:

Shirts CS 95 Temperate x 2
Trousers CS 95 Temperate x 2
Jacket CS 95 Temperate x 1
Boots x 1 pr
CEMO complete (webbing + bergan and side pouches, yoke and straps)
Sleeping system complete
Poncho
First Field Dressing
ETH
Headover
Socks x 3 pr
Mess tins
Nowegian shirt x 2
T Shirts x 2
Trainers army (crap) x 1 pr
Kitbag/Holdall
Roll Mat
Gloves x 1 pr
Belt Green
KFS
Mug
Waterbottle and NBC top
Gore Tex Jacket & Trousers

Might also now have Jumpers and lightweights again 8O

NBC Suit
NBC Gloves Inner & outer
NBC Boots
Respirator & Haversack
Canister

Might have missed something but sense of humour no longer issued as not used enough.

NB all these will be on your flick so lose any of it and you will be billed, even if you claim you were never issued it so suggest you check to make sure you only sign for what you receive (even though you may not know what it looks like :D ).

:roll: depends if ur gonna be regional or national ta. If u go to grantham as national u'll get all ur kit issued when u start CMSR training, if u do TAFs there (grantham), u'll be issued a lovely pair of coverals, all u need is PT stuff trainers and some sturdy(!) footwear. and defo a sense of humour, cos the guys that do TAFs are idiots, but the instructors that do ur CMSR are sound and know their stuff!

Redcap,

Thank you for the link - have added it to my growing collection.

Got badges and stable belt in the post today, things starting to feel more real!

P

Latest Threads