Kirchner takes Argentine claim to the UN

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 2/51, Jun 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. She sure picked a fine day to do it.

Argentina's president has taken her country's claim to the Falkland Islands to the United Nations, challenging Britain in a highly emotional speech to "act more intelligently" and sit down to talk about the future of the tiny archipelago.

President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner chose to appear at the annual meeting of the little-known UN Decolonisation Committee on the 30th anniversary of Britain's ousting of an Argentinian invasion force from the Falklands, using the occasion to reiterate Argentina's opposition to any more wars and to criticise the prime minister's decision to mark the day by flying the Falklands flag over his official 10 Downing Street residence.

Argentina presses Falklands claim - World News - MSN News UK

Rather strong words from her, yet says she wants to "talk".

"While accusing Britain of abusing its power as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, lying about the islands' history and acting as "a bully", Ms Kirchner also said she came to the UN "without any rancour".

2. David Cameron should just turn round and say "If you want it, come and get it, and we'll smash you all over the place for a second time."

• Like Like x 4
  3. They've never understood the irony of going to a Decolonising Committee to discuss ...er.... colonisation.

• Like Like x 2
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Oooooh not the UN lets hand it back quick.
    Everyone in the world is frightend ogf the UN.
    Their stunning list of victories should terrify us.
    Lets sign up quick and send a "Peacekeeping" force to the Falklands.

• Like Like x 2
  5. "act more intelligently" and sit down to talk.

Hold on, kettle black... correct me if i'm wrong but who decided to block & turn away any Cruise ships flying a certain flag??

Give up your yapping & career change a possibility for Ms Kirchner.

6. Does the UN have an army?

7. I think we should discuss the FI with her in the UN.

De Kirchner ......" Ze Islas Malvinas is ours. Hand them back!"

Sir Mark Lyall Grant, current permanent representative of the United Kingdom to the United Nations ......."No.**** off. Now on to other business, UN resolution 6091/12, How to get rid of mad South American, menopausal leaders."

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reading the transcript of her statement, correction rant, to the committee caused me to laugh so hard that I had an accident. Hedgehogs and condom factories come into the equation.

9. I would like to add, very tellingly, this is not the first time Argentina has taken their 'claim' to the British possessions in the South Atlantic to an intentional body.

Did you see what I did there with that specific language?

Well, back in day (specifically the 1920s) and only 10-20 years after Britain had built the memorial clock tower to Argentine independence in central BA, the Argentines suddenly realised something was amiss! They claimed the Falkland Islands at the League of Nation's Permanent Court of International Justice. Ten years later they decided they wanted South Georgia too. Guess what, five years later they tacked on the South Sandwich Islands.

Surprise, surprise their claims were rubbished back then too.

10. She can take it up her chutney locker if she so wishes.

BUT SHE AIN'T HAVIN' THEM BACK!!!

11. I personally blame her for the break up of Peter Barlow's marriage to Leanne after such a short time - she's not much of an actress as Carla Connor is she ?

12. If we tell the argies that the penguins are infact Taliban, maybe they won't bother with their "Claim".

13. What is it with this vile ranting harridan? She would be better off using her energy trying to sort out the multitude of problems that beset her country, not giving it the big i am on the world stage. The more she gobs off and tries the bully tactics e.g Falkland flagged ships denied landfall, the more resolved we are likely to become and tell her to go and take her face for a shit.

14. Quite a statement coming from the leader of a country whose involvement in wars has been limited to the civil type - if you don't include their success in WW2 when they joined forces against the Axis on March 27 1945.

(from wiki)