Kinnell. It Aint Arf Hot Mum!!!

Rip up your floors and install this. It can do both heating and cooling.

What better way to enjoy working from home?

View attachment 590222

We have that (or a similar one) system but they are installed above the ceilings in the kitchen and bathroom.
Main unit is on the roof.
It's an inverter which takes in the outside air, cools or heats it, then vents the old air out.
A ducting system from the unit that's above the ceilings pushes the air into the living room, dining room and downstairs bedroom from the kitchen and the bathroom one pushes it into the two bedrooms upstairs.

Very, very quiet and only costs about 12 cents an hour as it powers down (but not off) when the temp you selected is reached and that's pretty quick. A great blessing when we had plus 40c temps last week and averaging 33c this week with the lowest night time temp being 26c.

Works just as well in the winter on heating mode plus includes a dehumidifier.

OK, cost 3,000 euro for the full installation but been very worth it over the years. Previous aircon units we had in a flat were so bloody noisy you couldn't sleep at night, especially with the constant switching on and off. And having to empty a 5 litre container of vented water 3 times a day.

Meh.

I live in a penthouse (okay, top floor...) apartment.

Two balconies - bedroom one has a sliding door and the living room one two sets of double doors. At the moment the bedroom door is open and one of sets of double doors are too. All the internal doors are wedged open.

Nice breeze flowing through the place, plus a Dyson fan/purifier if I need to crank it up a bit. I am WFH in the back bedroom but occasionally move to one of the balconies depending on where the sun is.

The only time they get closed is if I fancy getting the fleshlight out and throw myself around a bit. There is a jug of iced coffee in the fridge, another of iced tea and good selection of beer and white wine. I have dinner on the balcony too - and if bored put the top down on the MX-5 and go top my tan up of an evening.

Embrace the weather - don’t fight it!

Just move into a 400 year old Manor House that was previously a castle, with 5ft thick walls and tiny windows.

It’s cold all year round.

OK, OK, stop bloody well showing off.

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Reverse cycle air conditioning, 15kw system, I wear a hoodie in summer and a wife beater in winter.

Beer is almost frozen all year around.

Fcuk the electricity bills, my roof is so random we cannot have solar either.

Just be naked, bugger what the old bill say.

Pointless if when you take your clothes off you resemble

1626957475209.jpeg

We live in an old cottage and the b/room faces South, so we get the sun most of the day. I fitted a blackout blind closer to the window than the curtains, as my better half used to do nights. Pulled down, it certainly cuts down incoming heat to a large extent. We also use one of the little 'chillmax' units set to blow over the bedsheet - before we get into bed. Just had a thought, I might trying out popping a couple of ice cubes into the water reservoir to cool the water a bit more? They are fairly silent on low fan - but I'm a bit deaf.

That's it I'm fecking sweltering, 32.5 degrees outside, 30 degrees inside.

I'm getting one of these big boys.

That's it I'm fecking sweltering, 32.5 degrees outside, 30 degrees inside.

I'm getting one of these big boys.

Sods Law dictates that as soon as you spend your £350 on that awesome piece of equipment, it'll snow for six weeks from the day of delivery.

Sadurina

Old-Salt
We have that (or a similar one) system but they are installed above the ceilings in the kitchen and bathroom.
Main unit is on the roof.
It's an inverter which takes in the outside air, cools or heats it, then vents the old air out.
A ducting system from the unit that's above the ceilings pushes the air into the living room, dining room and downstairs bedroom from the kitchen and the bathroom one pushes it into the two bedrooms upstairs.
Tell me more, oh ex-bleep.
Isit finally a working Peltier device, or wot?

Latest Threads