Kingsman Alex Green

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jammy66, Jan 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RIP, his father has every right to be proud of both his sons.

2. Absolutely. I seem to have something in my eyes...

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP,
    Very moving & fitting tribute by a prod father.

Incedentally,
    I found this at the bottom of the article.A tribute to the first hundred servicemen & women to lose their lives in Iraq.
    (Apologies if it's been posted before)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/flash/0,,1699739,00.html

4. Jeez what a brave and articulate man to be able to be pragmatic at what must be a really terrible time for him, unfortunately I fear that his son and all the other servicemen and women have died in vain, because Britain will pull out before the situation out there has calmed, whether that be next year or in ten years....look how long Vietnam was!!

5. Just read it with tears in my eyes, His father has every right to be proud.
    Very well written and down to Earth well said that man!

6. *speechless* :salut:

7. A fitting tribute to his son and one that will ensure that his name liveth forevermore. I hope that that the Spin Doctors in Downing St take note of the dignity of Mr Green's humbling article.

8. R.I.P Alex .Stand easy mate.Will will remember.
    MR Green- Well spoken words in your hour of need. i.m trying to write something that can beat that ,but i can't, .

9. What a strong man, my son was injured in the same attack and thank god I now have him home. I know that my family have been though so many different emotions this week. I cannot even start to understand what he must have been through. I would just like to thank him for being a fine man, one him son would have been proud of I’m sure.

10. NO parent should bury their child (Lord of the rings), I hope my kids will weep at my grave before, then again laughing like **** springs to mind. RIP, when will we learn? At the going down of the sun and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM! And the politician (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) bastards who sent them there.

11. Hero. R.I.P.

12. Very moving tribute. Rest in Peace Kingsman Green.

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

What an outstanding comment from a grieving Father... my screen is blurred

14. RIP young man. Our thoughts are with your family.