Kings Troop

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by matt2470, Jul 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should people be allowed to join the Kings Troop straight from phase 2 or should he be staffed by people who have served a min time in a normal RA or RHA unit?
    I suspect some are joining with no intention of ever being in a field unit
  2. Most have joined with no intention of actually being in the army.
  3. It actually a very good wage and package to work with horses compared to most civil jobs.
  4. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Most join and spend years in Kings Troop, many get posted to regular Regiments later in their careers to try to be real Gunners after bleating to get attached to a touring unit. Waste of money really.
  5. Agree, wonder if they still press gang the short fall of volunteers, this happened to myself and a couple of others from my JLRRA. It took me 2 years to escape with a string of COs Orders for being late from 0600hrs stables parade from sightseeing in the West End Clubs, they then came to the conculsion that I wasn't horsey material my crime was I could play a fecking trumpet. Mind you the Officers love it, pampared by having a gunner (Batman) to do all his dobey and ironing, mil and civvI - Officer is gently woken by batman with a brew and biscuits and generally mixes with the toffs and royalty playing polo and slurping pimms, nice cush posting for the few.
    • Like Like x 1