Kings Troop

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by _Chancy12_, Oct 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I hope I have posted this in the correct place if not sorry. I would really like to talk to someone who is in the King's Troop as I have the week long selection course coming up in November. I am currently in the RAF and am attempting to transfer over. If anyone has done this course or knows what it entails even better but any advice to give me more of an insight into what life is like in the King's Troop would be fantastic.

Thanks in Advance :D
  2. I was in your position a couple of years ago, but decided to stay in the RAF. I got told as long as you aren't a fat cow and you can vault on you will be ok, lotsa early morning and hard work. A short while after deciding not to transfer I went on a scoping visit at Larkhill to have a look at some horses, where I met a good proportion of the Kings Troop girls as i was staying in a room full of them, they were there for the point to point, they weren't in the best of spirits and I could not get over all the bitching between the grooms and jockeys, infact the bitching in general was just generally not called for. But then they were all very tired, which is hardly surprising given the hours they worked, twice in my RAF career I have worked the kind of hours that they work everyday. They are definaitly better people than I am and must be very dedicated to work as hard as they do, believe me from what i saw they worked incredibly hard.

That was a couple of years ago though, so it will almost certainly have changed. I hope you get some decent information and are able to make an informed decision.

Best of luck.