Kings troop- six men and women in Afghanistan at any one time?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by simonjandrews, Mar 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, just wondering what role the kings troop does when it deploys to afghanistan because all of the info on the website is reagrding ceremonial duties and that they have a role of territorial defence of the uk. The website then goes on to say that six men and wome are deployed in afghanistan at any one time however there is no other info. Do The fire Light guns or perform some other role? can anybody shed any light on this thenkyou.

2. whatever job they rerole to do! alot are drivers but i know a few who have retrained for a specific job out there

3. I would have thought horsedrawn guns would be quite handy in Afghanistan.

4. I don't know what they do when they deploy, but they shit all over my local streets in South East London.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Which bit of the SE18 barracks do they live in now?

6. You get to be RSM as a donkey-walloper, doing 22 yrs with KIngs Troop with a few years in real RA/RHA Regts inbetween, where you pretend to know something about Artillery pieces and the running of a Gun-Bty, although you were always bemused that the Limbers had their own engines and didnt go "nay". The more Royal Arse-licking you do, and Goodwood piss-ups, the quicker the promotion, just like that **** Dxxx Wxxxxn

7. Dirty mare. I wouldn't take her out again.

8. 6 x soldiers have re-rolled and are working with 5 Regt.

9. Napier Lines.

• Like Like x 1
  10. And six minutes ago they rode past again. Shitting all over the street.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do they just ride around Woolwich at random showing off their gang credentials?

Could be amusing if they decide to go down Powis St.

12. Lazy buggers - We took our horses out at 7am, cos they were hardcore horses.

13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sounds like good sense by the Troopers. Take the nags out on the street for a shit, that way the Troopers don't have to clean it out of the stables.

14. There's enough shit living in their acommodation quarters, to have to worry about shit in the yard.

15. My thoughts exactly, I wish we had RWO at midday. Although, that would mean sacrificing 1230 knock offs...