KINGS QUEENS MICK JOCK HUSSAR DRAGOON LANCER RTR

Discussion in 'RAC' started by tiff_biff, Feb 4, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WILL THIS BE THE NAME OF THE LAST AND ONLY TANK REGT IN 5 YEARS TIME??

What colour jumpers and trousers will you where then???
    Make life simple and sufficate yourselves in your donkey manure and top yourselves.
    Armd inf will do your job better and they can fit in the tanks.

2. I believe the correct title has been put forward as QOKRBHLCTR Queens Own Kings Royal British Hussar Lancer Cavarly Royal Regiment and the drees will be red pt vest blue shorts rolled down socks and bulled jap pumps, only for ceremonial though.  Normal working dress will be Sunset Yellow jersey Heavy Wool  NSN 8044992136657 with OM 75 Cherry Trousers NSN 8045994637575.  Over the JHW will be worn a coat of many colours similar to the one my mother patch worked for me but of worse quality thanks to the defence textiles agency.  Head dress will be a hi-vis luminous orange beret.  Army Soldier - :-/ Best Dressed

3. TheRedShadow
    I cant believe you got the NSN's correct straight off the top of your head, its good to see your an RAC soldier, That thick REME GRUNT couldn't even remember its own Army No, memory retention of a goldfish, all infantry,He's only worried incase he's replaced by the 9/12th? WHO?
    Tally ho old chap.

4. REME

60 years and still going strong ;D ;D :D :D

you too could have joined REME

If you were only a little bit more intelligent

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

"60 years and still going strong" - I think most of you are PVR'ing, at least they are were I am!    

"you too could have joined REME  

If you were only a little bit more intelligent"

If it takes intelligence to spend all night up to your armpits in crap fixing kit for us to have fun with cabby'ing about all day, then I for one am glad oi is 'tick.......muppet1  

6. Right on F roc -  Ref REME.  
    They are leaving. :(  
    After 22 years what a mistake I made joining REME. :-[ Some of the best blokes that I've met.  However If I had, my chance over again I would have been an RAC soldier any day. :)
    Spent most of my time with them and had a ball.
    Better paid than REME aswell. :(
    TA Yeomanry here I come. 8)

7. Thankyou Quiller ;D.

8. tiff_biff

60 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cant believe your core has that much history, Never mind, i 2 am under the impression that all the LAD (REME) are leaving, were going down the road of QUICK FIT, and as we know those guys are REALLY INTELLIGENT. But they CAN & DO repair your vehicles without it costing you a 10 pack for them just to do their JOB, anyway tiff biff get your own thread.
    Tally ho old chap.

9. That is a bit unfair Crow. :eek:
    In the defence of Tiff Biff, I would like to point out that I have rarely charged any one for any of the jobs that I have done for someone, be that person REME or other part of the Armed Forces. :)
    A pint in the Mess for producing some highly skilled work in my own time, that would have cost the customer a fortune if that person had gone else where isn't much to ask. ::)
    And I Never Do Ask, (accept for some squeaky wallet wearers in another Mess), but even that is rare.
    Some of us tradesmen are happy for you to say "Cor nice job mate" , thanks. :)
    REME would still not be my first choice if I had a sibling that wanted to join the Army. :(
    RAC before REME any day. 8)

10.  ;D I thought about joining the REME,but didn't fancy the lobotomy!

11. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Unf -

No, you've got it wrong - you can't get a frontal lobe put IN with a lobotomy - so the REME is beyond you, I'm afraid ;D

12. ;)From my experience,the REME was always beyond me,especially when trying to call them on the radio to attend a sick tank.
    SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI!

13. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Sorry, we don't fix sick transits, except in N.I.  Never forget, 'Arte et Marte' (REME Motto) translates directly as 'Will work for beer' :D

14. Now you've really confused me.I always thought ARTE ET MARTE meant twist to open,as the stable belt makes an excellent bottle opener.