Kings Own Yorkshire Yeomanry (LI)

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by woodandy3, Dec 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. having spent an age trying to find an image of said squadron/regiment capbadge(not of the badge itself i have one),just wondering if anyone had any other ideas of how to or where else to look for an image!!!???

google is not my friend no joy there!
  2. msr

msr LE

3. thanks very muchly your a Star!!
  4. Your right about google, I'm sure I used to be able to find one quite easily. I'll check with an old friend of mine...

It was a regiment, it was formed from 8th (Yorkshire) Bn Light Infantry after SDR. It was part of RAC and used land rovers
  5. Didn't they have a drill hall in Wakefield? Not sure if that helps at all.
  6. yeah they did ! i think that was HQ!! i was at ponti ! i have the capbadge and blazer badge was kind of hoping i could get an image of it !
    unless i need to go down the route of getting someone artistic type to re-create it!
  7. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Got this from Google Image search. Kelly Badge might have one for sale as they do have a pretty extensive catalog.
  8. A museum or maybe the town hall in Wakefield? Anything in the Cathedral?
  9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

10. I remember one year the Light infantry marching at the remembrance parade in Barnsley. It was normally a terrible shuffle past as it was impossible to keep in step with the police band. The light infantry marched like they were on speed and it was a shambles.
  11. My conversion from heavy drill to light, was a move to the left quick march - rememberance parade in wakey in 89 - we did seem to go a lot faster when overtaking the para's.
  12. The drill hall in Wakefield is now 299 Para Sqn RE. They did have a regimental office at Minden House in Pontefract next door to RHQ EWRR before they became 4 YORKS. There may be some stuff here as well: Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry Museum
  13. Thanks for the pointers Gents!
    have managed to get an image from the British and commonwealth Military Badge forum!