Kings Own Yorkshire Yeomanry (LI)

having spent an age trying to find an image of said squadron/regiment capbadge(not of the badge itself i have one),just wondering if anyone had any other ideas of how to or where else to look for an image!!!???

google is not my friend no joy there!

Your right about google, I'm sure I used to be able to find one quite easily. I'll check with an old friend of mine...

It was a regiment, it was formed from 8th (Yorkshire) Bn Light Infantry after SDR. It was part of RAC and used land rovers

yeah they did ! i think that was HQ!! i was at ponti ! i have the capbadge and blazer badge was kind of hoping i could get an image of it !
unless i need to go down the route of getting someone artistic type to re-create it!

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
090720081426Medium.jpg

Got this from Google Image search. Kelly Badge might have one for sale as they do have a pretty extensive catalog.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I remember one year the Light infantry marching at the remembrance parade in Barnsley. It was normally a terrible shuffle past as it was impossible to keep in step with the police band. The light infantry marched like they were on speed and it was a shambles.

I remember one year the Light infantry marching at the remembrance parade in Barnsley. It was normally a terrible shuffle past as it was impossible to keep in step with the police band. The light infantry marched like they were on speed and it was a shambles.
My conversion from heavy drill to light, was a move to the left quick march - rememberance parade in wakey in 89 - we did seem to go a lot faster when overtaking the para's.

Thanks for the pointers Gents!
have managed to get an image from the British and commonwealth Military Badge forum!