Kings Army on the Mall 29th January

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by fairy_nuff, Jan 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The English Civil War Society will be commemerating the execution of King Charles 1 29th January. Forming up at 11am on the Mall near St James' Palace and marching to Horseguards. at 11.30 Some of them will be in step but Trooping it isn't. Last year was entertaining.

2. They're pretending to be Stuart Loyalists outside the gaff of HM the Scion of Hannover? Bit tactless, don't you think?

3. No they do it every year on the Sunday nearest the dirty deed

4. History walts!

5. I suppose all those attending will actually be Parliamentarians. I can't imagine many Royalists actually spoke up on the day. Heads might have rolled!

Perhaps in the spirit of forgiveness we will all retire to the pub and agree that occasionally being firm with a leader sharpens the wits of the others.

Or are these Royalist supporters coming a little late to the party?

Never mind - they do these things better in Northern Ireland! Much more verve and enthusiasm - and considerably more realism!

Have fun everybody.

6. That'll be the Kings Head PH we'll be retiring to then will it?

7. ...why?

8. We've not had a legitimate government nor head of state since 1688. All because of Charles I's son not learning the lessons of his father. Legitimacy lies somewhere in the Thames.

Still, I prefer what we have now. God save the Queen.

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Why? What?

10. Is this new Scotland to be a republic or a kingdom?

I wonder if there are any descendants of the Stuarts still around? Wee Alec might feel a Scots king would be an asset to his country. (No "divine right of Kings" nonsense of course - just the divine right of Alec!).

11. If there's any 'Sealed Knot' style biffing going on I'll come and film it.

...Actually there're still some bloody Congolese protesters milling about outside the MoD. Why not form a phalanx and see the blighters off?

12. Salmond states he would want to be a Commonwealth Realm. Well, until he decides he wants a referendum on being a republic so he can move into Balmoral.

Imagine, the legitimate Stuart descendant ascending the Scotch throne and with some legitimacy claiming the English crown. There flies a pig past the window.