• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Kings Army on the Mall 29th January

The English Civil War Society will be commemerating the execution of King Charles 1 29th January. Forming up at 11am on the Mall near St James' Palace and marching to Horseguards. at 11.30 Some of them will be in step but Trooping it isn't. Last year was entertaining.

I suppose all those attending will actually be Parliamentarians. I can't imagine many Royalists actually spoke up on the day. Heads might have rolled!

Perhaps in the spirit of forgiveness we will all retire to the pub and agree that occasionally being firm with a leader sharpens the wits of the others.

Or are these Royalist supporters coming a little late to the party?

Never mind - they do these things better in Northern Ireland! Much more verve and enthusiasm - and considerably more realism!

Have fun everybody.

I suppose all those attending will actually be Parliamentarians. I can't imagine many Royalists actually spoke up on the day. Heads might have rolled!

Perhaps in the spirit of forgiveness we will all retire to the pub and agree that occasionally being firm with a leader sharpens the wits of the others.

Or are these Royalist supporters coming a little late to the party?

Never mind - they do these things better in Northern Ireland! Much more verve and enthusiasm - and considerably more realism!

Have fun everybody.
That'll be the Kings Head PH we'll be retiring to then will it?

We've not had a legitimate government nor head of state since 1688. All because of Charles I's son not learning the lessons of his father. Legitimacy lies somewhere in the Thames.

Still, I prefer what we have now. God save the Queen.

We've not had a legitimate government nor head of state since 1688. All because of Charles I's son not learning the lessons of his father. .
Is this new Scotland to be a republic or a kingdom?

I wonder if there are any descendants of the Stuarts still around? Wee Alec might feel a Scots king would be an asset to his country. (No "divine right of Kings" nonsense of course - just the divine right of Alec!).

The English Civil War Society will be commemerating the execution of King Charles 1 29th January. Forming up at 11am on the Mall near St James' Palace and marching to Horseguards. at 11.30 Some of them will be in step but Trooping it isn't. Last year was entertaining.
If there's any 'Sealed Knot' style biffing going on I'll come and film it.

...Actually there're still some bloody Congolese protesters milling about outside the MoD. Why not form a phalanx and see the blighters off?

Is this new Scotland to be a republic or a kingdom?
Salmond states he would want to be a Commonwealth Realm. Well, until he decides he wants a referendum on being a republic so he can move into Balmoral.

I wonder if there are any descendants of the Stuarts still around? Wee Alec might feel a Scots king would be an asset to his country. (No "divine right of Kings" nonsense of course - just the divine right of Alec!).
Imagine, the legitimate Stuart descendant ascending the Scotch throne and with some legitimacy claiming the English crown. There flies a pig past the window.

Latest Threads