Kingos Warrior AFV

I recently posted about wanting a Warrior kit.
Managed to source a great one thanks to help on here.
It's an Iraq 2003 model but I'm going to leave off the armour as i want to depict the warriors I was in when serving.
Does anyone have any images of the warriors of the Kings regiment from early 2000s? I know it's unlikely. I suppose images from around that time would also do as regiments just prior or post the kings being armoured would have been using the same vehicles.
An internet search has turned up nothing.

(The English electric lightning kit has been put to one side.... airfix have said to contact them for replacement fuselage as they may have been warped)

If you get one, it'll be on bricks.

Didn't take long for first stereotype comment.Well done.

I recently posted about wanting a Warrior kit.
Managed to source a great one thanks to help on here.
It's an Iraq 2003 model but I'm going to leave off the armour as i want to depict the warriors I was in when serving.
Does anyone have any images of the warriors of the Kings regiment from early 2000s? I know it's unlikely. I suppose images from around that time would also do as regiments just prior or post the kings being armoured would have been using the same vehicles.
An internet search has turned up nothing.

(The English electric lightning kit has been put to one side.... airfix have said to contact them for replacement fuselage as they may have been warped)
I've probably got some photos, but they're not on this lappy. I'll dig out the other lappy at the weekend and see if they're on there. 2003 was back in the days when digital cameras were thin on the ground, so I'd lend mine out to the blokes going out on patrol. Yes. I always got it back, and the only "dodgy" photo was one of the QM in his vest at Cherokee/Kareoke (I think), which I kept as ammunition.

I'll let you know.

I've probably got some photos, but they're not on this lappy. I'll dig out the other lappy at the weekend and see if they're on there. 2003 was back in the days when digital cameras were thin on the ground, so I'd lend mine out to the blokes going out on patrol. Yes. I always got it back, and the only "dodgy" photo was one of the QM in his vest at Cherokee/Kareoke (I think), which I kept as ammunition.

I'll let you know.
Nice one.

I was relying on reference pictures from defence type magazines to start with but can find nothing.
As you say, mobile phones weren't really up to being whipped out to take a quick picture at the time. And it would be rare for someone to get the old camera out to take a few snaps of the warrior.

If needs be ill rely on memory, but as I've drank several million beers since then I'll probably end up with a bizarre, dream like version of a Warrior. Emblazoned with huge kings regiment cap badges, with wings on it.

I drink too much.

This is one from Ex Phantom Bugle in 2004 when the Kings were backfilling as the demo Bn in Warminster.

200402 Ex Phantom Bugle -5.JPG

I'll let you know.
The Snail offering to be helpful...alright what's the game then? :? :nod::nod:

Check PM's

Was in their Close Support Engineer Sqn, in 19 Bde, from 2001-2005. Did Batus and Telic with them. I'll have a look and see what I can find for you mukka.

This is one from Ex Phantom Bugle in 2004 when the Kings were backfilling as the demo Bn in Warminster.

View attachment 376364
Back filling for the Black Watch?

They were back filling a lot of things down their :lol:

There was a lot of love between those two Bns.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
CORS_Wr_lge1.jpg

The CO's warrior, Op Granby. Hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ravers Military History and Militaria 13
R The NAAFI Bar 24
Goatman Infantry 0