King Abdullah of Jordan better have his UK passport up to date

I'm sure the OP knows Jordan gets on reasonably well with their neighbours over the Dead Sea.

Is that coming next?

green_slime

War Hero
I knew Hamzah a while (feels like a lifeline) ago, he was a great guy then and was asked to take a massive step back when his father died.

Jordan has always been a friend to the uk and important stabiliser to the region.

I knew Hamzah a while (feels like a lifeline) ago, he was a great guy then and was asked to take a massive step back when his father died.

Jordan has always been a friend to the uk and important stabiliser to the region.

Any excuse to get the image out; allegedly the Path Finders at Wadi Rum.

Dudes rockin the Farwa desert coats. Must have been huge fun belting around there (not too far from where el-Owrance stormed Aqaba).

9m2buialrqr21.jpg

We would do well to remember the good esteem we Brits are held in by Jordan and Jordanians, my experience there is overwhelmingly positive.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Being a subaltern in a British cavalry regiment, and 40 years later Colonel in Chief of that cavalry regiment's amalgamated child gives him a unique status for a foreigner, without even starting on his being directly descended from their prophet.

Edit. He was to have celebrated the Light Dragoons' tercentenary a few years ago, but as Commander Land Forces, standing in, put it, he was having a spot of bother with Daesh on his doorstep that needed his attention.

When ISIS decapitated a Jordanian pilot, Abdullah himself led the attack on them

King Abdullah of Jordan is a total badass

King Abdullah of Jordan is a total badass

Even the Israelis are still wary of Abdullah's Chieftain tanks even with their multifuel Leyland L60 two-strokes.

Last edited:
Iranians?

Not neccessarily.

People should remeber the human terrain of Jordan - 10 million, but believed a population of about 2 million refugees.

They have 10 refugee camps for Palestinian, 5 for Syrian. Za'atari camp alone has some 78,000 Syrian refugees in it

From reading newspapers, the Jordanian intelligence service, the GID, has an excellent reputation for professionalism in the region. The Isreali defence minister put out a rather understated press release saying Jordan was a "strategic ally".

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
My mum was extremely proud of the fact our local butcher, Wing Commander Jock Dalgleish, had taught King Hussein to fly. Used to serve front of house and as a lad brought Jordan into my conscienceness.

Saudis?

Ishmaelites are intensely suspicious, jealous and murderous of each other.

On the prophecy in Genesis 16 on Ishmael "But he will be a wild donkey of a man; His hand will be against everyone, And everyone's hand will be against him; And he will live in defiance of all his brothers.", it states "When Ishmael falls at the hands of his brothers at the End of Days, then the Messiah will appear, as the next verse states "These are the generations of Isaac....".

The Ishmaelite kingdoms have all fallen/civil war/been weakened/made peace with the descendants of Isaac in the last 10 years, with only the Jordanians and Saudis to follow.

Last edited:
I'm doing my best, and can speak the langauge (and another).

But that was unclear to me.

Can you try again?

A statement issued by the Royal Hashemite Court

After His Majesty King Abdullah II decided to deal with the issue of His Highness Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein in light of the developments of the past two days within the framework of the Hashemite family, and His Majesty entrusted this path to His Highness Prince El Hassan bin Talal, Prince El Hassan contacted Prince Hamzah, who confirmed that he adheres to the approach of the Hashemite family And the path that His Majesty the King entrusted to Prince Hassan. Prince Al-Hassan and their highness princes Hashem bin Al-Hussein, Talal bin Muhammad, Ghazi bin Muhammad and Rashid bin Al-Hassan met today, Monday, with Prince Hamzah at Prince Al-Hassan's house, where Prince Hamzah signed the following message that reads: "In the name of of Allah the Merciful Throughout their glorious history, the Hashemites have devoted an approach to governance based on justice, mercy and compassion, and its goal is to serve the nation, its mission and constants. The Hashemites were never but the holders of a mission, builders of a renaissance, who devoted themselves to serving the homeland and its people. His Majesty King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein today holds the trust, going on the path of fathers and grandfathers, reinforcing the building of a dear homeland governed by its constitution and laws, fortified with the awareness and cohesion of its people, and impervious to its well-established national institutions, which enabled Jordan to face all dangers and challenges and defeat them with the help and care of God. It is imperative that the interests of the homeland remain above all considerations, and that we all stand behind His Majesty the King, in his efforts to protect Jordan and its national interests, and to achieve the best for the Jordanian people, in commitment to the legacy of the Hashemites who have pledged themselves to serve the nation, and to rally around the dean of the family and the leader of the homeland, may God preserve him. In light of the developments of the past two days, I place myself in the hands of His Majesty the King, stressing that I will remain in the era of fathers and grandfathers, faithful to their legacy, walking on their path, faithful to their path and message and to His Majesty, and committed to the constitution of the dear Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. And I will always be of His Majesty the King and his Crown Prince to help and support. The Almighty: (O ye who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those of you, the you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the other day it is better and better interpretation) [Women: 59]

So that seems sorted.

What's Jordanian for a gramaphone, a bottle of whisky and a loaded revolver ?

Latest Threads