Kindle Fire HD < I Pad

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by padme, Sep 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have the choice of either one , not sure which one to take tho. what ever we get we want to mainly use to , connect to social networking sites , read the likes of Arrse and newspapers, watch youtube,read book , watch films general fuffing about , but nothing to serious , we have the lappy for that.

So as a techology mong , could i have some advise please ?
  2. Quick answer is that iPad's better for web & vid stuff, is cool shit bro etc - I'm not a big fan of Apple wanting to own me though. Kindle is lighter and so better for a commute but go have a look at both, feel and prod then make your choice. Haven't had a look at the Fire yet, have been waiting on UK release.
  3. If I was offered that choice, I would have no hesitation in turning down the iPad. In fact, if you gave me the choice of the iPad or nothing, I would still turn down the iPad.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Missus has an Ipad 2,it's great for what she does,Me I'm looking at both the Nexus 7,and the Kindle Fire HD.

Watched a film on the Nexus,not bad,better processor,but not HD,but at that size it doesn't matter,looking into using my smart phone as a Wi Fi hotspot for whichever one I decide on! :)
  5. I find that my iPad (Version 1) does not want to talk with my android phone, so I'd check that the two devices are compatible.
  6. I use iPad 1 quite a lot, good for vids, I player etc, but I find the ****** cheats when I play games on it!