ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

'KIN 'ELL !! been heavy in here today...so......

Discussion in 'NOW That's What I Call ARRSE 1' started by Auld_Sapper, Jul 12, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I never signed a Contract nor did AS as far as I'm aware. I realised I was being fucked over and released it on Kindle first. They want £12.50 for a paperback. It's worth £5.50 at the most.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. So you both have authors copyright? Go halves on a nice solicitors letter to get your money and rights back perhaps?

Edit: Sorry for not shutting up, but underhand behaviour like that makes me annoyed.

3. As far as I am aware, if they have gone bust the copyright is ours anyway. Caliver or whoever have had no dealings with me or Rab.

4. ACAB and Auld Sapper -
    I am a retired US lawyer and have no detailed knowledge of applicable UK law. Claims like yours involve relatively small sums and might not attract interest from British solicitors. Here in the US, for a good many years, we have had available the remedy of "class action" suits where named plaintiffs sue a company on behalf of themselves and all persons with similar claims. I would presume that the individual who screwed you out of your royalties has also done the same to others.
    The UK never had the option of a class action where a suit is brought on behalf of all with claims and the class is intact unless members of the class opt-out in order to bring an action as individuals. I recall reading in a legal journal last year that the UK had recently enacted a "Consumer Rights Act" allowing for class actions. IIRC, there was some sort of provision that in order to prevent frivolous actions approval must be granted by a UK consumer rights agency in order to initiate a class action.
    If Amazon/Kindle is indeed a potential party to the action they would have an interest in ensuring that people like yourselves are made whole as they certainly want to avoid the legals costs of being a party to a class action. I suggest that you two get together and get in touch with a UK solicitor the deals with large scale consumer rights cases. I hope this will protect your rights. This individual seems to be playing a shell game with various corporations/ businesses which could be enough to allow you to "pierce the corporate veil" and go after him as an individual and reach and apply his assets as well as the assets of the defunct business and also confirm your rights to your work product.

I should make it clear that I am a US lawyer and am not holding myself out as having any knowledge or expertise as to the laws of the United Kingdom or as to procedure in civil actions in the UK

Good luck to you both. Let us know how things go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Crack on then , I'm waiting.
    Cant see you penning the "C" word on the fly leaf though

WW

6. I came to this post late,but as a retired Prison officer dog handler ,explosive and wepons detection. I can relate to the experiences related. 14 of the happiest years of my life with the two best oppos ever,Shane and later Bruno. Dog handlers of all services never die;-they go to hell on a refresher course

• Like Like x 4
  7. Not enough.

Start a thread and relate your experiences.

• Like Like x 1