Kim Jong-un executes the chief of his nuclear program

He does not seem to be someone you would invite down to the pub for a pint, however, I have a question about this article I read in the telegraph, about how the 6th subterranean test was delayed for months. About how 200 workers were killed when a tunnel collapsed and how a hundred schoolchildren may have died when a 6.3 earthquake, triggered by the nuclear test, caused their school to collapse.

If N Korea is as locked down as the Western media claims, how is any of this, except the earthquake, even known about?

The only news I have read that has credible sources is the S. Korean doctor who states that the young N. Korean army defector who was wounded while escaping had a body infested with tape worms (some as long as 11") and flesh parasites which are defecating in his wounds and causing serious infections. (infestations caused by eating poorly washed and cooked vegetables that have been fertilised with faeces, not manufactured fertiliser.)

I am a tad cynical and suspect that journalism is spelt l.e.t.s.m.a.k.e.s.o.m.e.s.h.i.t.u.p

Kim Jong-un has nuclear chief executed for test delays and tunnel collapse, according to reports

Last edited:
He does not seem to be someone you would invite down to the pub for a pint, however, I have a question about this article I read in the telegraph, about how the 6th subterranean test was delayed for months. About how 200 workers were killed when a tunnel collapsed and how a hundred schoolchildren may have died when a 6.3 earthquake, triggered by the nuclear test, caused their school to collapse.

If N Korea is as locked down as the Western media claims, how is any of this, except the earthquake, even known about?

The only news I have read that has credible sources is the S. Korean doctor who states that the young N. Korean army defector who was wounded while escaping had a body infested with tape worms (some as long as 11") and flesh parasites which are defecating in his wounds and causing serious infections. (infestations caused by eating poorly washed and cooked vegetables that have been fertilised with faeces, not manufactured fertiliser.)

I am a tad cynical and suspect that journalism is spelt l.e.t.s.m.a.k.e.s.o.m.e.s.h.i.t.u.p

Kim Jong-un has nuclear chief executed for test delays and tunnel collapse, according to reports
It says "according to reports," "may have," etc. There isn't much to go on when reporting on NK as information comes out via defectors, espionage & other illicit means, hence these caveats. The Tele isn't saying "we KNOW this", it's saying "we've HEARD this."

"Programme".

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs

Let's not forget that the Press has a long and noble history of printing bollocks.
One of my favourites is the one about Kaiser Bill dressing some men as Nuns and sending them to Belgium to bayonet babies.
Journalists are right up there with politicians, estate agents, and traffic wardens.

Let's not forget that the Press has a long and noble history of printing bollocks.
One of my favourites is the one about Kaiser Bill dressing some men as Nuns and sending them to Belgium to bayonet babies.
Journalists are right up there with politicians, estate agents, and traffic wardens.

Turns out many of the Belgian atrocity stories were all too real :

The ‘Rape of Belgium’ Revisited | World War I Centenary

Not the baby-eating and nun-bayoneting nonsense , but several thousand Belgian civilians were executed by the Germans, many in the first months of the war, most of them innocent of any crime, and many more imprisoned or sent to Germany as forced labour . Same thing applied in the areas they occupied in northern France.

The Germans operated on the quaint notion that, also in WW2, that the civpop of any country they attacked automatically fell under German military law, literally as soon as the first jackboot crossed a border, which was exemplified by their immediate slaughter of Polish citizens, who had peacefully gone to bed on August 31st 1939 yet found themselves facing German firing squad rifles within hours. Hitler's favourite film maker, Leni Reifenstahl, was accompanying the invading troops and filmed them slotting Polish civilians on the flimsiest of excuses. In one incident, the entire adult male population of an apartment block were shot because it was alleged that a "sniper" had killed German troops from the building. When it eventually investigated, it turned out that a Polish reservist, turning out for mobilisation with his rifle, had legitimately fired a few shots before being killed, so the Germans simply wiped out all the males they found of military age. It does upset the fanboys when you point out that the supposedly clean Wehrmacht got a lot of their action from firing squads and not military targets.

It sounds like the N. Korean soldier hadn’t defected, he’d just returned from a Club 18-30 holiday

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
Turns out many of the Belgian atrocity stories were all too real :

The ‘Rape of Belgium’ Revisited | World War I Centenary

Not the baby-eating and nun-bayoneting nonsense , but several thousand Belgian civilians were executed by the Germans, many in the first months of the war, most of them innocent of any crime, and many more imprisoned or sent to Germany as forced labour . Same thing applied in the areas they occupied in northern France.
It appears that the message is "argue with the EU at your peril". Is there an EU regulation which lets me know the correct corner to cower in.

It does upset the fanboys when you point out that the supposedly clean Wehrmacht got a lot of their action from firing squads and not military targets.
Indeed.
Or that the 'foreign' elements of the 'Waffen SS' weren't 'fighting communism', but were normally locals who had been thuggish types recruited into the occupied nations' police and paramilitary forces as bullyboys and jew/subversive hunters before the need for warm bodies had put them into German uniform - many as camp guards - before the further need for bodies had transferred them to fighting units.

I found this particularly enlightening.

It says "according to reports," "may have," etc. There isn't much to go on when reporting on NK as information comes out via defectors, espionage & other illicit means, hence these caveats. The Tele isn't saying "we KNOW this", it's saying "we've HEARD this."
Fair point

For myself, if he was as bad at doing things as they say he was, I hope the fellow hasn't been executed; if he has been the North Koreans might get someone who knows how to do his job.

Indeed.
Or that the 'foreign' elements of the 'Waffen SS' weren't 'fighting communism', but were normally locals who had been thuggish types recruited into the occupied nations' police and paramilitary forces as bullyboys and jew/subversive hunters before the need for warm bodies had put them into German uniform - many as camp guards - before the further need for bodies had transferred them to fighting units.

I found this particularly enlightening.
Well if Michael Burleigh recommends it I'll definitely check it out, his book on the history of terrorism Blood & Rage was very good, in fact unique in its scope and detail ( okay someone will probably be along to tell me there are other comprehensive histories of terrorism , none that I've read though ).

Well if Michael Burleigh recommends it I'll definitely check it out, his book on the history of terrorism Blood & Rage was very good, in fact unique in its scope and detail ( okay someone will probably be along to tell me there are other comprehensive histories of terrorism , none that I've read though ).
Shout if you want the ebook, aap.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ThunderBox The NAAFI Bar 221
Fireplace The NAAFI Bar 24
R The Intelligence Cell 50