Kilts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Harry_Hesh, Nov 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trying to get me a kilt. Having done a stint in the 2/51st (QOHLDRS) many years back, I was wondering what happened to all the old MacKenzie of Seaforth or Cameron of Erracht kilts.

Were they sold off, are they stored somewhere incase of another uprising or vanished into the ether. If available to acquire or purchase, who's the best contact. Any help gratefully received.

Harry

2. Have you tried asking on the Infantry forum?

Any forme Highlanders may have one for sale, or know where to get one as that was their old tartan.

Worth a try mate.

T_M

3. Yes mate

They were all sold off. :(

4. Try Ebay mate, you never know.

5. What about Regimental kit agencies or tailors shops in the Jock Div, ther must be some still kicking about?

6. Chaps

Thanks for your replies, I actually contacted HHQ at Cameron Barracks who have confirmed that they were all removed by the DLO and sold off with no consultation to the regiments. Apparently, the OCAs were livid, and quite rightly so. I've actually managed to get one now - purchased rather than acquired. Mrs Hesh has yet another cheap Christmas coming her way. :D