Kilts!

#1
Not sure about the rules on this one, asked around but no one seems to know!

Seen a few women about wearing kilts with their mess dress instead of those mingin' skirt/dress monstrosities. Anyone know the rules on this - is it only certain regiments that allow this or can you do it with any one?

Cheers folks!
 
#2
Only when serving in Scottish Regiments can they wear the tartan relevent to the regiment! With permission from the Chief Jock!
 
#3
Unless things have changed, women wear a skirt in the Regt tartan, not a kilt
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#4
There's another website on kilts here.
I've taken a pic from that site of one of the gorgeous wee lassies in her kilt:


Lovely, eh ?

In case you're wondering, ie if you have just had a total brain shutdown, if you stand a chance of a drop of jiggy with 'Izzy' here's part of the interview with 'her.'

Kilted Life said:
Q. Is there a big faux pas that you wish some guys would not do when wearing MUGs? Wear?

A. I would not be opposed to more men wearing something under their kilts... but I am strongly biased -- I want NOTHING to do with men's private parts...
And there we have it, irrefutable proof:
All kilt wearers are Diesels.
 
#6
I wasn't aware that they were allowed to wear their skirt with their Mess dress. Someone's making it up as they go along surely :D

They are suppost to wear it with No2 or working dress though.
 
#7
Think Rach-ni may be refering to GSUOTC females wearing their "mini kilts" (or tartan skirts as the rest of the world refer to them) in the mess.
 
#8
Post to gallery pleeease!
 
#9
rach-ni said:
Not sure about the rules on this one, asked around but no one seems to know!

Seen a few women about wearing kilts with their mess dress instead of those mingin' skirt/dress monstrosities. Anyone know the rules on this - is it only certain regiments that allow this or can you do it with any one?

Cheers folks!
You're not Scottish anyway!
 
#10
Cutaway said:
There's another website on kilts here.
I've taken a pic from that site of one of the gorgeous wee lassies in her kilt:


Lovely, eh ?

In case you're wondering, ie if you have just had a total brain shutdown, if you stand a chance of a drop of jiggy with 'Izzy' here's part of the interview with 'her.'

Kilted Life said:
Q. Is there a big faux pas that you wish some guys would not do when wearing MUGs? Wear?

A. I would not be opposed to more men wearing something under their kilts... but I am strongly biased -- I want NOTHING to do with men's private parts...
And there we have it, irrefutable proof:
All kilt wearers are Diesels.
Reading that interview makes my head hurt.
 
#12
Get away! But you're neither of those either..
 
#13
rach-ni said:
Sky-Monkey said:
You're not Scottish anyway!
There are Ulster and Irish tartans as well you know!
They are of modern origin, and mostly designed by an American I hear.

there is now also a Cornish tartan, and a Welsh (Welch?) one as well
 
#14
There's a million tartans for all sorts of people. Go to Pitlochry, outside the Edinburgh Woollen Shop (authentic, don't you know) you'll find a machine. This machine is a tartan finding machine.

So. Imagine the scene. You're a large American and you're desperate for some Scottish ancestry. You type in your name - Eagleburger - it comes up with a tartan and you go into said store and buy up all the tartan that you can find. You walk away smug in the knowledge that you are authentically Scottish but the fact that you were born and raised in Delaware, as were your parents, is irrelevant.

Get a life.
 
#15
Sky-Monkey said:
There's a million tartans for all sorts of people. Go to Pitlochry, outside the Edinburgh Woollen Shop (authentic, don't you know) you'll find a machine. This machine is a tartan finding machine.

So. Imagine the scene. You're a large American and you're desperate for some Scottish ancestry. You type in your name - Eagleburger - it comes up with a tartan and you go into said store and buy up all the tartan that you can find. You walk away smug in the knowledge that you are authentically Scottish but the fact that you were born and raised in Delaware, as were your parents, is irrelevant.

Get a life.
so true, but the weavers and shops are selling their goods ;)

A number of years back they did the same thing with Japanese surnames, pairing them with clans and tartans. (Japan loves tartan, and whisky)
Now that the weavers they may not have MoD as a customer, it all may get worse.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The Intelligence Cell 221
squigeypie The NAAFI Bar 33
thegimp Military Clothing & Boots 58

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top