Kilt Tailor?

Mods: Sorry -- this is posted elsewhere, but I thought I'd have a better chance of reaching the target audience here. :)

'Scuse me, gents...

Does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced tailor for kilt alterations in the Warminster area? (Blandford would also be OK.)

Thank you in advance!

Gillylady said:
pm Abacus, he may know someone
Hahaha - whatever gave you that idea? ;)

Tankies - just guessing but I reckon there won't be a dedicated Kiltmaker down your way.

However, any military tailor should be able to do the job. So could anyone point TankiesYank to a decent Military Tailor in the Warminster area?

I'm sure Moss Bros will put you in contact with a Kilt Tailor - after all they hire them out (the kilts not the tailors obviously).

There's a branch down by the cinemas in Bournemouth.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I know its a bit further East, but the Bulford Garrison Tailor is an ex porridge-gobbler and is very good. Contactable via 3DSR.

OldRedCap said:
OK - so, when you have made it into a pussy pelmet; can we have photos - please, pretty please?
It's for the Tankie, you dirty auld b@stard!

But if you PM me with your full name and credit card details... :twisted:

Err - aren't the Black Watch still in Battlesbury Barracks? They will have their own regimental kilt tailor.

Or the Argylls are in Canterbury. Any Jock regiment (Inf and Guards) or 4 RTR plus RSDG will have regimental tailor on establishment and do not 19 and 40 Field not have them also? There is also a Master Stitch at Knightsbridge and Wellington.

All your bases are belong us! (Jocks)

GDav - bugger of coruse you are right - I meant the new unit also known as "the Jocks and Newkie broons"

I thought 1RTR was full of Scousers and Mancs? It was in my day anyway. The Makems, Monkey Hangers and Geordies were all in 15/19KRH.

Just noted - 1BW are currently in Norn Irn (if their website is to be believed). Not sure if that is a roulemont deployment or garrison so if you're looking for a kilt tailor in Warminster better check first. Mind you there should be one in the Land Warfare School as well because they have to kit out Haggis munchers too.

TankiesYank said:
OldRedCap said:
OK - so, when you have made it into a pussy pelmet; can we have photos - please, pretty please?
It's for the Tankie, you dirty auld b@stard!

But if you PM me with your full name and credit card details... :twisted:
OK - let's have his photo then! Some of the guys on here swing that way

Take a trip to Edinburgh and go to Celtic Craft Centre. They do fine work. Stay away from Geoffrey Tailor.

They do do good work here as well http://www.aldkiltmakers.com/

Cabarfeidh said:
All your bases are belong us! (Jocks)
PMSL :lol: Scottish recruitment problems? Really?

Anyway, thank you for the feedback...ideally I could make the trip to Edinburgh (and I'll be sure to stop by Geoffrey and let them know that RCSignals thinks they're hackjobs :D) but these should help me get the Tankie kilted.

Cheers!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The Intelligence Cell 221
thegimp Classified Ads 17
R Classified Ads 10