Kilroy- Silk

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Ventress, Jan 12, 2004.

1. PC

2. Just saying what we want to say

3. Should keep his mouth shut

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Is he right in what he says?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I believe he said what had to be said, only thing is, the politicans are always falling over each other to kiss butt instead of being honest. Kilroy comes along and says it as it is. Well done that man. Next Prime Minister?
  3. Better than the tw@ we currently are stuck with.
  4. Why?

Bluppet and the sunbedded one are cut from the same cloth. Kilroy-Silk simply adjusted his article, for "The Sun on Sunday" readership.

Man's a tool, deserves everything he gets.
  5. You're only saying that 'cos you wear a turban.
  6. Mitchell. while I know your comment was supposed to be witty, why should the fact that he wears a turban make any difference?
  7. What, do you wear one as well?
  8. Agreed!
  9. He still had the bottle to stand up and say it, though. I'll give him points for that.
  10. So do I. Its about time some bugger stood up and was counted. Instead of pandying to the PC Brigade.
  11. No, it's just that turbans are generally worn by Sikhs and there's no love lost between them and muslims in my experience.

While I loath PC-ness in general I dislike random or incorrect stereotyping almost as much, because the PC maffia can then justify calling one racist for making a non-PC statement when the statement isn't racist but is a genuine criticism of a particular group.

For example K-S claims that he is having a go at arab states, however there are large portions of his article where he seems to be having a go at Arabs as a race. When he says arabs have given us nothing he's ignoring the foundations of much of modern science and mathematics. However he's perfectly correct when he says modern arab countries have given us nothing but trouble.

He also makes the error of calling Iran an arab country, which it's not (ask an Iranian) and generally it suffers less of the malaise that affect the Arab world (even with the Ayatollahs).

Finally, did you notice that most of the people who appeared on T.V. to say how offended they felt weren't Arabs? Most of them seemed to be Pakistani emigres.
  12. Very true.