Killing the Kilt

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Rocketeer, Oct 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was out at an event not too long ago when I spotted a fat gutted nut wearing a tan leather kilt with a huge riveted pocket on the front apron..looked like one of those home renovation tool pouches.. stupidest thing I ever saw.. when he went past I noticed this stitched logo on the ass end.. " Utilikilt "....who dreams these things up?

anyway..thought it was some one off deal.. now I see that some lame punk kid who is the son of a kiltmaker in Edinborough has decided to 'extend the kilt franchise ' from dealing in traditional tartan wraps to add blue jean denim kilts, camouflage kilts, leather kilts and.. this one I love... transparent pink plastic kilts..

So, how many of you guys would be caught out [ other than at Hallowe'en ] in a Chav Kilt??

pink plastic.. oooh, that would make a great regimental for one of the highland Units..

[ edited to add: The Company is geoffrey Tailors and the designer is Howie Nicholsby..in case anyone wants to get a custom fit ]

2. For fuck sake thats just wrong

3. Sooooooo wrong

4. If its not tartan it is a skirt, (irish kilts excluded)

5. What about the London Scottish's strange pink kilts?

6. Lodden Grey arn't they TT

7. [​IMG]

More pink than grey if you ask me!

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I don't know much about the London Regiment (as it says on the Colour) but why is a non commissioned, SNCO holding the Colour as it is - I presume - unfurled? I seem to recall that the Colours are carried by Commissioned officers, although the Drum Major takes the case off the Colour just prior to them being brought on parade.

Is this something the LR do differently, and if so, why?

9. daz

daz LE

http://www.21stcenturykilts.com/gallery.htm look first and then say its wrong (because it fecking well is)

10. Is this a TA unit?

11. Hodden Grey

12. im sure that is still a tartan of sorts, Hodden grey.
    It is a traditional highland cloth similar to tweed.
    It was chosen to avoid any clan rivalry when the london scottish chose a tartan.
    looks very smart if you ask me

13. How (and more importantly, why) the fcuk did you find that??

14. daz

daz LE

well i was looking for the correct outfit to wear over on this site http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/index.php :D :D

(Honest answer, google'd geoffrey Tailors and thats what came up)