Killing AVG

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Sinner251, Oct 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Removed AVG awhile ago as I wanted to use my laptop rather than sit watching AVG eating 80-100% of cpu.
    Tonight i went into Add/remove programs to get rid of my old printer software and spotted AVG still in the list.
    Tried to delete it and got an Error message:

"Error deleting file or folder, cannot delete: Access is denied
    Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use"

I then used search and found 57 files to do with avg. Deleted them one by one and removed 50 leaving the following 7. Which give me the same error message as above.

Any suggestions? Please as I'm a biff.

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  2. Oh these are the Bastards that will not die:

Attached Files:

3. avgrsstx.dll is the only one left, I moved all the files from folder to folder and each time it let me delete another file or folder. All but this swine.

4. Oh dear oh dear. Click on Start and then Run. In the Open line, type msconfig. In msconfig go to the Startup tab and untick all the AVG entries. Do the same in the Services tab and reboot your machine. Go on to the internet and get an uninstaller, say revouninstaller, download and install that. Then use it to uninstall AVG. It will get rid of most (if not all) the entries in the registry and delete all the associated files.

5. Well everyday's a school day cheers, went to msconfig thing and unclicked eveything avg and did reboot and its let me delete the last file now. Done a search and nothing AVG shows now. Thanks Cabana.