Killers of transgender people to get longer sentences

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Tigger, Dec 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Home Office has announced longer jail sentences for murders motivated by hostility to a transgender person.

It seems that the murder of one type of citizen is to be treated with greater seriousness than that of others. Is it not both astonishing and frightening that hundreds of year of legal inheritance can be disregarded without the consent of the governed or a thought for the philosophical and moral implications? A- *******-stonishing

BBC News - Killers of transgender people to get longer sentences

2. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

They even have to draw attention to themselves when they end up getting murdered.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Thank goodness you brought this to our attention. Now I can sleep.

4. It is simples why, it is because you are getting 2 for 1 so correspondingly sentence has to be increased to take in to account the extra personality you are taking out. Murdering a Schizo, sentencing will depend on how many personalities that person has, so be warned.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Surely all murders should carry the same sentence (life) regardless of it being a bloke, bird or bloke/bird? The system is****ed beyond all recognition, is there any way back to some sort of real, proper justice that comes down hard on criminals no matter what colour they are or what sky pixie they believe in?

Wait and see, they'll be handing out community service to those who commit serious assaults because it was their first time on the piss.

6. So if a Schizo tops himself, is that suicide or murder

• Like Like x 1
  7. Suicide of the personality that does the topping and murder of the INNOCENT subsequent personalities, therefore the corpse should be brought before the courts and sentenced appropriately.

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Doesn't this thread sort of tie in with another one going.

Equality and all that!

9. At the risk of letting accuracy intervene, I think the malady the poster was referring to is 'multiple personality disorder' - despite colloquial usage, schizophernia is not associated with multiple or split personalities. It is a form of derangement producing delusions, paranoia and hallucinations.

A suicide with multiple personality disorder could be either a family annihilator, a common murderer or a mass killer, depending on how many alters the suicide had, and their identity, but only if the law were changed to recognise the alters as persons existing independently of their host.

10. Blimey, how would one know? I mean, do they have to be pre-op stubberly trannies or does it only count to sexy femme looking post-op's?

I mean it's all a little confusing. If I wan't to dispose of the little blonde below after a cellar session, I wanna know what the penalty is . .

[​IMG]

11. I agree. It just did not cross my mind at the time of posting. If a mod could do something computery to bring them together somehow I'd be muchly obliged.

12. I am sure you could dispose of your little blonde by selling her/him/it to one of the more depraved arrsers thereby not only saving yourself some jail (gaol)time but also making a tidy profit.

13. If that did happen would the nutter be able to claim benefits for all the "persons" and would each "person" be entitled to a council house?

14. You've got to love the adverts that appear on these threads.

imgad.jpeg

15. Is that Mature TG dating?