Killer of US officers was ill

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tooldtodieyoung, Apr 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4435063.stm

"Fragging" has reared its head again in the US Army.

I think his Mental illness argument is very weak, this sad episode is well documented in Rick Atkinson's "In the Company of Soldiers". This pretty much goes that it was the Muslim issue that bothered him.. 101st would probably have been better leaving him behind...

Either way for an allegedly mentally ill patient his planning was detailed...

Pretty damn shocking when one of your own turns on you!

2. msr

msr LE

Good to see where the USAF get their combat experience:

Air Force Capt Mark Wisher was in the tent at the time of the assault said he was blown through the air after the grenades were let off.

"I heard something hit the wooden floor of our tent and then bounce. I've seen movies, Hollywood movies, and grenades sounded like that."

Mind you, this does sound like clutching at straws:

Defence lawyer Maj Dan Brookhart argued that Sgt Akbar was suffering from long-term mental illness which was the result of his stepfather's sexual abuse of his sister.

msr

3. The USAF personnel killed and injured were part of the forward air controller team.

Sgt Akbar's recent escape attempt where he stabbed an MP will no doubt undercut his defense.

4. The causal link isn't exactly obvious is it? My stepdad abused my sister, therefore I chuck grenades into officers' tents.

5. God! Not you as well!?

6. It wasnt just any tent, it was the brigade TOC [tactical operations center].
    Could have wiped out the brigade's key staff, they were very lucky.

7. So the fill the air full of lead tactics wouldn't have been used then.

8. Absolutely Tom. To be on duty at that hour, in that one camp, in the one tent among thousands, that just happened to be in the line of march of a nutter whose sisters hamster was fiddled with by her best friend's uncle's third cousin, who was carrying a grenade in one hand, a pin in the other and murder in his heart.

Some people just get all the breaks. :D

9. I'm a little concerned about the implied decision to send US troops who may not be completely on our side to a combat zone, where they have ample opportunity and toys to display their true feelings.

10. I should have added 'whether they are mentally ill or not."

11. I felt a tad off colour this morning. See you at Dinner , I'll be the one clutching his guts and carrying the Minimi.

Fry him.

12. As always , - Arrsers full of sympathy!! :D :D :D

13. Defence lawyer Maj Dan Brookhart argued that Sgt Akbar was suffering from long-term mental illness which was the result of his stepfather's sexual abuse of his sister.

Sh1t, now if I'd had a sister and mi old lad had been a perve, just think who I could have wasted.
    john
    PS. Had a few other folks sisters mind you.
    PPS. See death by leathal inection is not painless.
    Ah shoot the tw at.

14. Just heard on the news that he has been sentenced to death.

Fair one

Death sentence

15. Could only be one punishment fitting his crime