Killer nurse found guilty what now?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chocolate_frog, Apr 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC report here.

A 25 year old trainee nurse has been found guilty of 15 cases of GBH and 2 of Murder, by injecting patients in a casualty department with sedatives. The judge is awaiting evaluations on his mental state prior to sentancing. What should happen to him? He is in a trusted profession, a nurse is there to help (although I don't beleive they take the hypocratic oath do they?). Should this be taken in to account also?
  2. Damn right. Nurses are paid to be trusted by us, the public, when we are in dire need, and normally in dire pain. To abuse such a position of trust deserves the strongest possible sentance - and not just a couple of months in minimum security jail and a bl00dy curfew/electronic tag when they are released!
  3. He was also a stab so throw the ****ing key away .Shipman gets a bodycount the usmc would be proud of .My so called professions loonies
    cant even make double figures :oops: .He didnt even mean to kill them just make his job a bit more exciting for fcuk sake take him down the dems range and stand well back .
  4. Choclate frog - Nurses don't take the hipocratic oath, but the professional body (NMC) keeps a tighter rein and is a lot more gung-ho about striking people off for relativly minor transgressions and mistakes than the GMC (doctors) has ever been. If he had been a doctor, the IA drill is to shred the notes and burn the x-rays!

(BTW, how come he made Lt even though he was a student nurse? It's gone to the dogs since my day, I don't know etc ...)
  5. Even Gareth Keenan made Lt in the TA!!!!! :D
  6. WTF is Gareth Keenan?
  7. Is he anything to do with James Blunt?
  8. A life sentence is mandatory for murder. I suspect the debate is around if he's mentally stable or not. If not he'll be sent to a secure psychiatric unit, if he's stable then its prison. Either way his nursing career is (rightly) over and I can't see him turning up at his TAC for drill night for quite a while. The body that regulates nurses (NMC) might not have any power over this case though given that he was a trainee and not registered with them yet.
  9. I thought this chap had done telic or was it just rumour control when he was nicked bet he had an assualt vest and gucci boots etc.