Kill UK ISIS Fighters

Rory Stewart's interesting take on UK citizens fighting for ISIS:

British Isis Fighters

British Isil fighters should be killed in Syria rather than be allowed to return to UK, a Government minister has said. Rory Stewart said converts who leave Britain to fight for the terror group are guilty of horrific acts and the only way of dealing with them is to kill them "in almost every case".

Call me cynical, but is this an attempt to save the government money? The way 'human rights' are heading in the West, I would bet a fair sum on British former-ISIS fighters being able to sue the government within 25 years, for compensation and pensions for their 'service' in the Middle East.

We can't be too judgemental...:eek::eek::eek:

Expect a meltdown from the usual suspects.

Last edited:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Save time, it’ll prevent them claiming compensation in about 20 years time.
Although I suspect any caught in theatre won’t be in for an easy time.

They have chosen to make themselves enemy combatants.
They have chosen to commit treason.
They have chosen to participate in a regime that routinely uses mass murder, slavery and rape as a matter of policy.

Quite honestly, I would find it hard to justify any course of action that DIDN'T involve killing them on sight, but I am also grown up enough to realise that at some point the killing has to stop, and the vermin must be allowed the option of rejoining the human race.

Ex Nazis, Khmer Rouge, and others have been allowed to serve their time and get on with their lives. Some reoffended, some were still unreconstructed, and some changed for the better.

Otherwise, they keep on fighting because they have nowhere else to go.

Last edited:
I assume that any UK citizen that fights against the crown is call "Traitor"
Lord Haw Haw, William Joyce broadcast for the Germans in WW2, he was hanged as a traitor, and he never fired a shot in anger. surely it follows that any British national that fights with enemys of the crown, when caught, are also subject to British justice, just a thought.

As a QC has already commented they should be rehabilitated, on cost alone Rory does have a point

It's more a surprise to hear someone in power, say what we're all thinking

Not sure about the cost bit - when you think how much it costs to kill the beggars with a Hellfire, Paveway or Brimstone, not forgetting the money spent on having a Reaper, Tonka or Tiffie overhead for hours on end in the first place, supported by Voyager, Sentinel and Rivet Joint, it would actually be far cheaper just to bribe the scrotes with a free brand-new top-end BMW 5 Series to stay in Bradford or Rochdale and play a bit more nicely... Not that I have any problem with turning the beggars inside out with an AGM-114N; they reap what they sow.

Save time, it’ll prevent them claiming compensation in about 20 years time.
Although I suspect any caught in theatre won’t be in for an easy time.
As I said in another thread, IS terrorists who are caught by the Iraqis face the death penalty anyway. The ultimate rehabilitation measure.:)

As much as I agree that they should be killed in country, my concern lays with those Brits who are current fighting with the Syrian rebels against ISIS. It's not such a huge leap of imagination to see them killed by Syrian forces who FWIU, view the rebels as terrorists.

Further to what @HectortheInspector states above.
Of the IS sympathisers that, allegedly, are back in Britain; I sincerely hope they are made available to any representative groups subjected under the IS areas of activity - with as little obstruction as possible.
Regardless of 'cut off dates', before which they were could claim ignorance of IS's nature, they should be made to answer for their actions.

Harbouring these returnees under our protection is probably more counterproductive than having them seen to be tried by the people they subjected their ideology to.

Why should they be allowed to feel free and safe until they've satisfied the questions of the people they tried to subjugate?

Quote from the link:
"young people who travelled to Syria after being "brainwashed" should be allowed to come home and rejoin society."
Germany has the same problem and returning Jihadis are widely regarded as a time bomb waiting to go off. A slightly more realistic view than the above quote. In addition to which they are most likely to be put on trial for a variety of offences.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
As I said in another thread, IS terrorists who are caught by the Iraqis face the death penalty anyway. The ultimate rehabilitation measure.:)
I didn’t think they’d be taking too many prisoners, those who make it this far they’ll be happy to get here and probably singing like canaries......then we could just lock them up, instead of killing them.

I didn’t think they’d be taking too many prisoners, those who make it this far they’ll be happy to get here and probably singing like canaries......then we could just lock them up, instead of killing them.
I have no idea how many the Iraqis took prisoner, but German TV journos were allowed to interview a few of them, who seemed a bit unhappy as they knew too well that they would end up dangling on a rope. Oh dear, heart purple p1ss, bleeds.
Not.

Not sure about the cost bit - when you think how much it costs to kill the beggars with a Hellfire, Paveway or Brimstone, not forgetting the money spent on having a Reaper, Tonka or Tiffie overhead for hours on end in the first place, supported by Voyager, Sentinel and Rivet Joint, it would actually be far cheaper just to bribe the scrotes with a free brand-new top-end BMW 5 Series to stay in Bradford or Rochdale and play a bit more nicely... Not that I have any problem with turning the beggars inside out with an AGM-114N; they reap what they sow.
Still probably cheaper overall, when you amortize the cost across the numerous other players they'll be looking for. Especially if they've got any two-for-1 offers going. :-D

Problem solved when they get back.
noose.jpeg

And I have absolutely no problem with how they're prevented from infecting the rest of UK society. Though it would be nice and legal if they were tried and judge did the black cap first.

We assume that they intend to return to the UK.

It is possible they would choose to go to the next ungoverned space to continue to carve out their own Caliphate and make life miserable for the people nearby.

However, it is fair to assume that they will at least maintain links to the UK, and therefore will continue to represent a threat to the UK.

I think I put somewhere else that where possible, arrest operations and trials for criminal offences should be conducted. Where not possible, a nation has the right to use lethal force. A nation also has the right to preemptive lethal force.

I like Mr Stewart's writing and find it thought-out and rational, and I find it difficult to disagree with this clear prose.

These are people who have essentially moved away from any kind of allegiance towards the British Government.

They are absolutely dedicated, as members of the Islamic State, towards the creation of a caliphate, they believe in an extremely hateful doctrine which involves killing themselves, killing others and trying to use violence and brutality to create an eighth century, or seventh century, state.

So I'm afraid we have to be serious about the fact these people are a serious danger to us, and unfortunately the only way of dealing with them will be, in almost every case, to kill them.
These are enemy combatants as well as likely war criminals, they have moved abroad and taken up arms for a foreign terrorist power, where it is not possible to arrest; lethal force is a proportionate, legal and necessary measure to protect life in the UK and life wherever these murderous tumbleweeds take root next.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
They’ve just interviewed Priti Patel on the news and asked her if she agreed with Rory Stewart,
‘Absolutely’, was the response, good for her.

Problem solved when they get back.
View attachment 301210
And I have absolutely no problem with how they're prevented from infecting the rest of UK society. Though it would be nice and legal if they were tried and judge did the black cap first.
That's barbaric!

This is the civilised British noose. Far quicker.

They’ve just interviewed Priti Patel on the news and asked her if she agreed with Rory Stewart,
‘Absolutely’, was the response, good for her.
Sadly, I cannot bring myself to congratulate the lady.

A broken clock is right at least twice a day.

Tory MP ridiculed for demanding police action amid cuts by her government

For example, she's cheerfully undermined police capability in the UK and then 'grandstanded' on why her constituents should have their stations open, for example.

Mr Stewart has had a long standing interest in conflict zones like Iraq and Afghanistan and Syria and brings some clarity to the issue, IMHO.