Kill it cook it and eat it

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jaybee2786, Mar 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone watch the program on BBc3 kill it cook it and eat it?
    I remember when the outbreak of foot and mouth was going on that some RAF REGIMENT where involved in the slaugher of the animals and that some one (i thought was a serviceman) had killed another slaughterman with a captive bolt gun does anyone know any details of this?
    I am not sure if it was a rock, civvie or a guy from the army
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Brilliant show, lots of waste by old standards
  3. after watching that i went round the neighbours with a hatchet and said ive been inspired.

they tasted like crap,bloody tv shows

im sticking to rabbits and young children,old people have way too much grizzle.
  4. Billyx, you need to learn to marinade.
  5. Or marinate using a marinade
  6. damn i wasted hours skinning those buggers and went cheap with lea `n` perrins

old people hey,at least not having hair in your teeth was a bonus
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I have packed in watching reality TV since it aint good for my blood pressure. But on a weirdly related note...

Ever heard of Kobi Beef? Its Japanese and well expensive. A mate of mine put me onto it in a restaraunt. Said it would be the best beef I had ever tasted. So yeah, I gave it a go. And it was very nice.

Half way through the meal he tells me that in order to keep them happy, the Kobi bulls recieve a hand job every day. I suddenly was not hungry any more.

Anybody know if this is true? I'm buggered if I'm doing a Google on "Masturbating farmyard animals".
  8. Trev, a good point well made. Let me know any other comments when you have less time.

ID, Kobe beef is regularly massaged (while on the hoof) I believe. I have a friend who is a beef farmer who has contemplated trying to produce some (but gave up). Never heard of it getting the Rebecca Loos treatment though.
  9. I hope next week they show where the ACC meat comes from...
  10. I've made a note, fear not
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

It's on tonight.Lamb this time.
    The meat needs to be hung,preferably for 28days (as my butcher does) as the meat that was cooked would have been still full of blood.Not nice.
    The butcher had a valid point about people going for the more expensive cuts,the lesser cuts are brill for slow cooking in a stew ect.

Kobi beef is fed with wheat beer & is massaged daily & played sooting music to keep it stress free so the marbling s like,well,fine marble.Never read about them being w*nked off tho!
  12. True enough. They did mention it on the show, and also that it was rigour mortis that made the steak much more firm. :thumright:

I think the audience might have got a little restless if they had been made to wait several days or weeks!