Kilimanjiro 9 - What?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Burst_Disk, Mar 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been forced to watch yet more 'celebrities' fighting against all odds to do something different blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong they are probably going to raise a stack of cash for poverty stricken areas of the world but they walked up Kilimanjiro and they were all hopping around as if they'd just crested Everest.

And what was that dramatic crap towards the end on the 'summit bid'. The text read -20 C with 75mph wind - utter tosh. My friend 'Wind Chill Calc' tells me that at -20 and 60mph wind you'd have 5 mins before your nose fell off - so how come they were all walking with most of their face uncovered?
  2. The porters are carrying shitloads more than the celebretits!
  3. Fatboy got up though. Fair play to him.
  4. They did raise about 1.4 mill. Which ain't half bad.

If the female audience and the brain dead don't see a bit of drama on the programme. They will switch over to some other crap. Thus the whole creating shocking moments as barlow having a bad back, the women crying etc etc.....
  5. Did anyone notice when the "celebs" were scaling up the "rockface" , that they're school bags had disappeared.
  6. Pff, thats nothing. Try walking up the Zugspitze in a Tshirt carrying a crate of Stella and a fleece in a bergen to drink in the Reintalhut shed thing afterwards.

"It won't be that cold up there lads, it's only 2000mtrs up"

Well that'll be 3000 mtrs and fcuking freezing then!

Yes Mick S, you were a fcuking good lad but really fcuked up on that one :)
  7. Yep fairplay - but they lay it on thick with the emotional blackmail stuff showing the hard up and all that. Don't need it shoved down our throats...Do we?
  8. That fat b*stard Moyles wouldn't stop whinging the lazy c*nt.
  9. first bit of different phyz he'd seen since opening the fridge door for another pork pie!
  10. It's going to be laid on thick to encourage people to donate more cash.
    To be fair, they didn't have to do it.
    They could have just stuck to their comfortable, cushy lifes.
  11. Alright it's probably not the hardest thing in the world, but like someone abpve says, they didn't have to do it, and they have raised a hell of alot of cash. I say well done them, it looked good fun too, I wonder how much it is to do independently?
  12. [​IMG]

Not as nice as you thought?
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Rheintal hutte has a nice atmosphere - but its more fun coming up from the NE than the SE.
    Poof :wink:
  14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I have not seen any summit photos, did they get up to the top or only up to Gillmans peak?
  15. Don't get me wrong, not slating them and well done for the cash raised, like you say, they didn't have to do it. Chris Moyles is still an annoying cunt though.

Fuck that, I'd have had to carry two crates then ;)