Kieth Chegwin was right about the Beeb!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Oct 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I agree with this opnion:

2. Of course this would happen. I can just see the BBC want to be picketed and intimidated by right-wing Christian groups all over again.

FFS this is a story?

What context was this discussion in? What was actually said? How are we to know that Alan Yentob didn't say "Oh we can't throw the Koran in the bin , as the Muslims would be climbing all over us FFS, you know how they get. It wouldn't be helpful for our staff, reporters, or indeed British Forces in far off lands" Why was throwing the Torah in the bin not mentioned then?

In a debate - Not "It is official policy to interview him if we got the chance"

Any place on earth Osama strapped a mike on would be subject to a visit by a JDAM shortly afterwards.

Agreed, the BBC let's it's contempt of the current US administration shine through in it's reporting. I am hard pushed to find BBC stories de-riding Mr. and Mrs average America. The late , great Alistair Cooke was always fulsome in his praise of the average American. Hang on , who did he work for again?

Indeed , and the same craven intellectuals that rebelled in the News Room when the Bechkam story was given precedence over our latest casualties. Or the Wimbledon commentator who , on hearing a petulant Scottish child described as a 'Hero' asked the viewers to remember other 19 year old 'REAL heroes' in far-flung lands.

Oh and Andrew Marr gets his gob in there too? Quelle suprise.

This was a debate , this was an exercise.

This was not a future policy meeting. Well done the Mail , yet another nasty little sh*t stir.
  3. I'm not suprised at all....
  4. PTP, are you having a laugh? You're having a laugh.

Eeeeh, he's having a laugh...

5. No, he just knows better than a whole swathe of BBC insiders.
  6. No 'buts'.

This is the Daily Female. It makes a living from enraging sensitivities of middle England. Not dissimilar to lowering entrails into a tank of piranhas.

'I dooooooooon't beleeeeeeeeeeeeeve it...........'
  7. If you would like to know an opinion of a foreigner then I hold (namely hold) BBC in high esteem as a very reliable source of information. Information in the most propagandaless form. But now... BBC is moving in the 'The Sun' direction. In its solar way even doesn't care about factual mistakes.

In both articles you can find the same phrase

Twice I post to BBC pointing out that according to BBC itself

Note only to Ukraine, not to some European customers.

On my firts message I received a polite replay that my note was trasferred to economical section but further replays are not assured.

On my second message I didn't receive any answer at all.

So now reading on BBC about situation in Bolivia, Venezuela, China i will bear in mind that this information is only have some chances to be true.

And a spelling... Few years ago I mentioned several cases where a word 'separate' turned to 'seperate' on BBC. Btw, all mentioned mistakes were corrected. But...

8. If you know about things from your own personal experience, and then see them reported in the media (not just the Beeb, any media), you'll be quite amazed at the disparities between what you actually know and what is reported. John Simpson is very good on this sibject.
  9. "At the secret meeting in London last month, which was hosted by veteran broadcaster Sue Lawley, BBC executives admitted the corporation is dominated by homosexuals and people from ethnic minorities, deliberately promotes multiculturalism, is anti-American, anti-countryside and more sensitive to the feelings of Muslims than Christians.

One veteran BBC executive said: 'There was widespread acknowledgement that we may have gone too far in the direction of political correctness.

'Unfortunately, much of it is so deeply embedded in the BBC's culture, that it is very hard to change it.' "

So the Beeb is dominated by 'Back Stabbers' sensitive to the feelings of Muslims.
    I am now of the opinion that the licence fee must go and I consider this will produce a representaive controling body.
  10. I seem to recall that this was the attitude in the 70's and 80's, but they still managed to get around the problem by using a new and fangled (but technically illegal) 'cultrual reorganisation' tool, known as affirmative action.

If it was good enough for the minorities, why can't it be used for the majority?