Kier Starmer corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I've not, nor ever will, read it. Zero interest. I'm also glad that my local plod are not Durham Police, as this investigation is proving a real toughy.
They've got to be at least as rigorous as not prosecuting Cummings (x2?x3?) because 'it was in the past' and the council not following up on the undeclared no-tax paid' dwelling up there, either.
I.e, they should have binned it last week, if not before.

The image was taken at a point when lockdown was at its most severe and that such 'gatherings' well spaced and outdoors or not were still contravening the rules laws legislation whatever they were described as being.

This isn't a 'Grrr Boris' post btw as I typically Grrr at all politicians regardless of the rosette. Hmm guess it is a grrr Boris post in a sense...

SKS should be facing the same excess tedious scrutiny as Boris purely in the interests of consistency.
And not an agenda or powerpoint in sight. Or crayons, to be fair.
Plenty of cheese & wine though. Not normal work stuff .

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
But no substantive reply from you or the OP, who has clearly seen the question?
What is this 'substantive' you speak of? Is a 1771 needed to claim?

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
They've got to be at least as rigorous as not prosecuting Cummings (x2?x3?) because 'it was in the past' and the council not following up on the undeclared no-tax paid' dwelling up there, either.
Didn't give a schoite about that Pippa scoop either.

Would have been nice if you'd replied before someone else, but YT

Sorry if I'm not replying to your given timescales, but I'm actually on holiday in Greece and peruse ARRSE between cold beers and dips in the infinity pool

Stop being an arrogant bitey prick for once on your life eh. People might actually listen to what you say

Off on ignore, ******* bellend

Johnson set it up, didn't he? He could have avoided funds & time being wasted by telling the truth.
Another waste of public funds: Parliamentary time & effort trying to get Patterson off.
Another waste of public funds for just two people:
a) Starmer & Rayner?
b) The Johnsons' gold wallpaper?
forgets the utter scandal about lord Irwins wall paper in the speakers residence about 1998

QUOTE[

nothing.gif
The BBC's Robin Oakley reports for the BBC's Nine O'clock News (3' 12")

Opposition MPs, newspapers and DIY stores have joined forces to attack the Lord Chancellor after he described spending £650,000 of public money on decorating his flat as a "noble cause".

Lord Irvine of Lairg said the investment on his official apartment in the House of Lords would be appreciated by future generations. ]QUOTE

E2A Labour speaker does it, " A noble cause!"

Boris .....GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

nothing.gif

They were out of time from a Planning Permission perspective, no idea if they went after him for Council tax.
From my reading of the article below, the conversion should be subject to Council tax because of the facilities included.

Sorry if I'm not replying to your given timescales, but I'm actually on holiday in Greece and peruse ARRSE between cold beers and dips in the infinity pool

Stop being an arrogant bitey prick for once on your life eh. People might actually listen to what you say

Off on ignore, ******* bellend
Weak.

Was Boris actually there?
Did he organise it?
Have those who did organise it resigned?
AFAIK the answers are no, no, yes.
The PM is hardly going to organise an event when he has staff, is he?

And Johnson most certainly attended gatherings during lockdown in breach of the regulations , hence his FPN.

Plenty of cheese & wine though. Not normal work stuff .
Indeed. SOP for when Brigadier Charlie popped into the office was pink wafers and coffee in the “The person drinking from this mug loves cock, and plenty of it” mug.

We were just following Army standards:

ETA: We even managed to get a photo of the Brigadier with the “Nobody knows I’m gay” mug into an official MOD magazine.

Indeed. SOP for when Brigadier Charlie popped into the office was pink wafers and coffee in the “The person drinking from this mug loves cock, and plenty of it” mug.

We were just following Army standards:

ETA: We even managed to get a photo of the Brigadier with the “Nobody knows I’m gay” mug into an official MOD magazine.
It’s an interesting admission that you kept mugs with those sorts of messages printed on them.

Even in todays armed forces where people from all the many different parts of society are rightly welcomed into the armed forces, I’m surprised that you can find them loitering around the kettle waiting for some action!

Oh by the way, we can supply printed mugs with any message you like on it for twelve quid plus the postage. :)

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Everyone endlessly arguing the toss between Beergate, Partygate, Dominic Cummings and all the infinitely boring permutations of these "but the people at the top lived by different rulez!!1one" arguments, whether they be in the media or on here, all need to grow the **** up.

Yes, the people at the top live by different rules in crisis situations. You aren't in COBRA because a) you aren't needed, and b) there isn't enough space. You also (unless you are) aren't a doctor, and you also (unless you do) don't carry a weapon and chase down terrorists. If you did do the latter, you don't do it after you leave whatever service you were in. This is the nature of reality.

Of course there are degrees of culpability here. Matt Hancock having an affair is not in any way part of, helping, or an allowance to support his professional role. In fact, given who it was with, it was probably interfering with or biasing it. So by all means burn him at the stake, and as you'll notice, he quit pretty fast because it was indefensible.

Most of these other 'scandals' are degrees of normal operation to which some latitude should be applied, in several cases quite a lot of latitude. It doesn't help any of us to have completely frazzled decision-makers who are completely paranoid about making the tiniest slip-up: the logic of the "how much is a pint of milk question" is to force the PM to go buy his own milk, which is not a good use of his time and our money. It also doesn't help anyone to have all this time and media attention occupied by these stories, when there is a cost in attention on things that actually matter.

If you as the bod on the street are getting overly involved and encouraging this behaviour, then you share a degree of the blame as much as the politicians and media. Don't give them their clicks and advertising revenue, and you are less likely to reinforce the stupidity.

PS If the worst form of corruption we can pin on Keir Starmer is a late declaration of book revenues that he had already given to charity, then we have literally the most boy scout corruption in the world. There are daily forms of socially acceptable British corruption that are far worse for that, so extract heads from rectums and get a sense of proportion.

It’s an interesting admission that you kept mugs with those sorts of messages printed on them.

Even in todays armed forces where people from all the many different parts of society are rightly welcomed into the armed forces, I’m surprised that you can find them loitering around the kettle waiting for some action!
Nothing special about it. Our office had a very relaxed and non-judgemental approach to everyone and all our tasks, which helped us create an environment that cut through the crap to what really mattered.

Indeed, the “the person drinking from this mug…” mug could be seen as supporting MOD Equal Ops aims: it indicates a rejection of the judgemental oppressive monogamous moral paradigm imposed by a dominant Judeo-Christian culture whilst (for men) celebrates and supports non-heteronormative choices.

Now, what do you find so negatively interesting about the mugs?

Nothing special about it. Our office had a very relaxed and non-judgemental approach to everyone and all our tasks, which helped us create an environment that cut through the crap to what really mattered.

Indeed, the “the person drinking from this mug…” mug could be seen as supporting MOD Equal Ops aims: it indicates a rejection of the judgemental oppressive monogamous moral paradigm imposed by a dominant Judeo-Christian culture whilst (for men) celebrates and supports non-heteronormative choices.

Or to put it simply.
You are allowed to think for yourself which creates a better work atmosphere.

Or to put it simply.
You are allowed to think for yourself which creates a better work atmosphere.
We did have some ATLAS / DII mugs too, but no one would be seen dead drinking from those.

Ooops, I thought this thread was about Smarmer but it seems to have developed into whataboutery and another "Boris Grr" thread for those that were thread banned from the original thread.

Ooops, I thought this thread was about Smarmer but it seems to have developed into whataboutery and another "Boris Grr" thread for those that were thread banned from the original thread.
Johnson was mentioned in the OP.

I'm still waiting for @Grownup_Rafbrat to detail what gifts Starmer should not have accepted.

Nothing really. I was just joshing if you like but I am sure I wouldn’t have been handing my CO a similar mug. :)

Times change and rightly so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads