Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kids twatting their parents..

ACAB

LE
Saw this article in the Wail this morning, looks like the consequences of all this "you should never ever smack children" softly softly parenting that my generation championed is coming home to roost.

The shame of being attacked ...by your child

My dad would have taken my ******* head off if I'd gone for him or my mum, I used to get a crack for answering back half the time or at least shouted at in that booming angry voice of his that made my bladder relax. My sisters best friend was a very spoiled child with rich parents who got everything she wanted, but when she started doing things she shouldn't be as a teenager and her mum pulled her up on it she started hitting her mum and that carried on for a few years till she moved out. Her attitude rubbed off on my sister a bit in the way she started speaking to our parents after being with her but she quickly learned it wasn't going to fly in our house.

I'm glad I decided not to breed, couldn't be dealing with that shit! :thumleft:
My Dad could shut me up with just a glare. That included when I came home on leave from IJLB.

Maybe not. I’m not defending him, as he can do that himself. I am replying to your post, and just pointing out an error.
Any personal wars - please carry on.

There was no error, no one said it was anything to do with licensing. Its just as well as he's making it up.

Ah, back to the old making it up as I go along game.

I’m going to find some adults to talk to. You carry on as you are. Don’t forget your teddy bear when you feel sleepy!

Did you say "little black coat" before showing a large jacket?

You also didnt know that those style of jacket are not exclusive to masons and that masons dont have to wear them.
You might have saw any random person wearing one, but with your detective skills knew they were mason?

Just another one of your stories.

I would never have dreamed of doing anything against my parents. My Father was a copper and an athlete who boxed and my Mother was a Master of the weapon of the wet dishcloth across the back of the legs. She could have taught the Shaolin monks something.

He probably was that as well but there was a known Masonic connection.

The funniest thing is watching all the masons come out of the woodwork telling every body how ridiculous and untrue these stories are because masons were truly among the most honest and innocent human beings to walk the earth.

The more they insist on that, the more the general public believe them.

That’s the Masonic theory anyway!

I'm a Mason, the Order has not benefitted me in any way other than associating with decent people... we do a tremendous amount for various charities, and, of course, we help Masons in need.... though not in the manner you imply.
I guess there are dishonest and unscrupulous members of the Craft... just as there are in all walks of life.
Frankly I don't think the general public give two hoots about freemasons....though you seem to be fixated on them..... relax Bro!

I did some work on a senior masons car back in the day. I was interested in joining up until I opened the boot and found hundreds of reams of photocopied paper that was sent to him from his lodge.
None of it was worth reading.
It was an old banger as well.

A bloke who used to allegedly work at the same firm as me, spoilt his son rotten
bought him anything he wanted
when the little git grew up he took to drug dealing at school, the fact that daddy was a special made him think he was above the law , then he left school and could barely hold down a job without daddies help, and the odd funny handshake, the shite joined our firm and though he would be MD in a week
he also took to driving like a cretin, however every time he appeared in court, daddy got a solicitor friend care of the funny handshake
eventually he thought himself untouchable
3 litre high performance car bought by parents. lots of aggression , drugs, rap music, etc
then daddies funny handshake friends woke up and started to distance themselves
he battered most of his family and several partners, one afternoon working on a roof nearby we watched his father trying to remonstrate, didnt go down well daddy got smacked about big time
we called the old bill, before it got too bad, kid was on something
spoilt little brat
3 coppers turned up, they knew him well
Daddy was eased out of being a special a little while before that, although in truth daddy was much the same, arrogant and thought himself better than others
he was a long serving member of the lodge, and the solicitor was also a member, the main cadre of the firm were also members, so he kept his job when he should have been booted out for his less than professional attitude to women
we saw them enter the local lodge, so unless they were going their to paint it I have no reason to think otherwise!
Another member of the company whose father was something senior related to me how the man in question was asked to leave the local lodge due to his touchy feely habits with the other members wives when on the Hotel breaks he organised
Just because they are Masons does not make them above reproach, or are you a bit touchy as you have joined ?
All second-hand information then. Chinese whispers.

Do you have any actual proof that he is or was a freemason? Did you ever get to see his Grand Lodge Certificate, did you see his name recorded in a masonic year book, did you see his name on a masonic Summons, did he tell you he was a mason? Or did you just assume it because you or someone else thinks he is?

I witnessed the same thing myself. A small number of the shop floor staff thought one of the Directors was a member of the 'dodgy handshake brigade' and said as much. They thought he was because people at his level all are, aren't they? Well, I happened to know he wasn't. I was told he wasn't by another member of the company who was a mason and had enquired of him if he was interested in joining and he wasn't interested. I also have a copy of the masonic year book which lists all the lodges and the names of the members (hardly a secret society) and his name doesn't appear in it. The shop floor staff were discussing changes within the company and there was stuff going on behind the scenes at a high level that they weren't privy to so they filled in the gaps with the usual 'dodgy handshake' bollox. It happens a lot and your example is probably no different.

For your information, because you are completely unaware, Masonic Halls are private businesses. Their principle role is to house a number of different lodges who pay fees to the masonic hall management company. Masonic halls can't survive just on those fees so they let out rooms for functions that are totally unrelated to freemasonry - wedding receptions, birthday parties or any other social function. The person you are referring to could quite easily have visited for that purpose.

I do agree, though, that being a mason does not make them beyond reproach, masons are not plaster saints.

It’s obvious that you are a mason. They are always soo defensive of the species. It’s largely what gives the secretive ones away!

As for the bloke in question. We both used to drink in his pub. His Masonic connections were not really a secret. Some of them contrary to the rules do boast about it. You can also often spot them after a lodge meeting in their little black coat catching a quick couple of beers before the pub shuts.

There are often little giveaways to identify a mason but the big one is that the vast majority of them have absolutely nothing to hide and are often quite open about their membership.

You will find that masons will become defensive against the attacks from people like yourself who know nothing about freemasonry and shout it loud and clear to prove it.

The really 'secretive' ones wouldn't defend it at all because people would then know they were masons which would defeat the object of being secretive. That logic is largely lost on you.

You say 'Some of them contrary to the rules do boast about it.' If you know these rules so well how about explaining them for us. Oh that's right, you don't know. There are no rules to say freemasons can't talk about their hobby. In fact, masons are encouraged to talk about it to enquiring minds and help correct the misinformation that is perpetuated. By people like you, for instance.

What is wrong with masons going for a beer after their meeting? I used to go for a pint after I'd played a round of 'whack, fuck!' (aka golf), I'd go for a beer after a judo training session or after any of the other hobbies I was involved in. It's what people do so why not masons?

You would never be able to distinguish a mason if they were in mufti (as long as they were not wearing obvious giveaways such as masonic pin badges and rings) if they didn't want you to know. The truth is masons don't have anything to hide, it's not a big conspiracy secret, and will be open about it but are often cautious about what they say, who they say it to, when and where they say it. Because of people like you.

Those masons who are quite open about their membership have no 'little giveaways', or even big ones, to identify them by, they've identified themselves openly. You don't do logic very well, do you.

I think, in my opinion, that people in certain jobs should not join the Masons. I note that YOU raise the issue of colour and race. As you raised the subject would you be willing to share with us all how many women, Jews, black, Asian and other minorities are invited to be members of the Masons? I suspect that it is actually you who has the problem.

Anyway, this is all a million miles away from the thread, even by NAAFI standards I shall withdraw without further comment.

In your opinion people in certain jobs shouldn't be masons. Why's that then? What is it about freemasonry that is incompatible with certain occupations? Do you even know what freemasonry is about and what goes on at a masonic meeting? Have you even asked a freemason what it is they do?

Why is it only freemasonry that people, such as yourself, have a clear and obvious phobia about? Why not any of the other fraternal organisations? What about any of the following?

The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes, Rotary International, Lions Clubs International, Round Table, Foresters, the Oddfellows, Moose International, The Grand Order of Water Rats, Grand United Order of the Knights of the Golden Horn, The Orange Order, The Knights of Columbus, The Knights of St Columba, the Fraternal Druid Orders.

What then about the livery companies? They run on similar lines to freemasonry. They have a Worshipful Master, a Senior and Junior Warden, and in some cases a Middle Warden. They are set up as beneficiaries for their members and also are charitable organisations whose members network, probably more so than freemasons do. Why shouldn't they be included as a proscribed organisation?

You question how many women, Jews, blacks, Asians and other minorities are invited to become masons. For a start they don't have to wait to be invited, they can ask to join if they wish.

The ladies have two Grand Lodges they can pick to join in the UK, The Honourable Fraternity of Ancient Freemasons and The Order of Women Freemasons. The ladies, incidentally, refer to themselves as 'Brother'. For mixed male/female lodges there is International Order of Freemasonry for Men and Women, Le Droit Humain.

In my lodge, the wife of one of our members is a freemason. One of the members of the lodge is black, an ex-RN Chief Petty Officer, one of the members is Asian, a Hindu. One of our occasional visitors is a retired thoracic surgeon who was originally from Egypt. He is also the head of two orders beyond the Craft in the same Province. Being a 'minority' has certainly not held him back. To show how diverse we are we've even let an ex-para join our lodge. In one of my other lodges we have two Asian members, one a Sikh and one a Muslim. My GP is Indian and is a member of a local lodge.

I have sat in lodge with black people, brown people, Asians, Chinese, even an American; people of all races, colours, creeds, and religions. I have sat next to a homosexualist at the festive board and I am sure that at some point in the future I will sit in lodge with someone who is transgender. None of that matters. You know what unites us? We don't see minorities, we see friends and Brothers.

If you don’t know what a Masonic coat is, then I’m not the one telling porkies mate.

There's no such thing as a 'masonic coat' even though some companies might advertise their products as such.

We wear suits at our meetings. Most people when they first join will wear a standard lounge suit. For some that is all they will ever wear. After a time a mason will usually decide to go from a lounge suit to a morning suit. This is what the older and more senior masons will wear, but never with a white tie and seldom if ever with tails. This style of dress can also be seen at weddings and funerals when tails are most likely worn, and this is likely to be that to which you refer. For special occasions some lodges will insist their members wear a dinner suit, particularly on more formal events such as a Ladies' Evening.

What conspiracy theories, stupid or otherwise, have I bothered with? It’s the Masons who maintain the secrets. It is just my OPINION that they shouldn’t be involved in the police or armed forces. You seem very good at inferring, from 8000 miles away, what I do and don’t know.
There's a good docco series on Sky about the masons that gets repeated every now and then , so it's probably on catch up .
It tells you all you want to know
Plus , as others have said , you can simply just go to a lodge and ask .
There is nothing "secretive" about them at all .
If you do want to go full conspiracy , read up about the banned P2 lodge in Italy

Worthy of an HBO mini series for any of you commission editors out there .
Looking at their political aims , I think we could reform it in here !

There's no such thing as a 'masonic coat' even though some companies might advertise their products as such.

We wear suits at our meetings. Most people when they first join will wear a standard lounge suit. For some that is all they will ever wear. After a time a mason will usually decide to go from a lounge suit to a morning suit. This is what the older and more senior masons will wear, but never with a white tie and seldom if ever with tails. This style of dress can also be seen at weddings and funerals when tails are most likely worn, and this is likely to be that to which you refer. For special occasions some lodges will insist their members wear a dinner suit, particularly on more formal events such as a Ladies' Evening.

What a shock, RGJbloke was bluffing.

Ok, lets get this thread back on track. If you want to discuss Freemasonry, then I am sure there is an existing thread somewhere.
Back to violent brats. Here is the DS solution.
Your kid needs to know that you are their protector when their world turns to shit. Get a rough looking mate, someone who looks intimidating, to start terrorizing your kid.
Just as the violent brat sees their worst fears about getting properly battered about to happen, you appear, and face down your stooge vicious thug.
Your mate backs down, convincingly, gobbing off about "If your mummy wasn't here, I'd kick your fcuking head in!"
Your kid now knows they need to be respectful, else next time there is bovver, they are on their own.

Unfortunately these days if little Johnny tells someone at school that daddy gave him a crack they would have social services round backed up by the police in the blink of an eye.

And conversely, if the teachers try to lawfully discipline little Johnny, the parents are around the school threatening the teachers.

Masons are easy to spot. They're usually no-nonsense types like builders. Most of them are bald, stocky, well built and drink Stella.

If you ever see anyone like that down the pub they're definitely a mason, but to be certain you need to do the special handshake.

Go up to the bloke in question and introduce yourself, it usually helps if he's with his mates. When you shake his hand curl back your middle finger and tickle the palm of his hand. Then wink at him and nod your head towards the gents toilets.

He'll be well impressed and think you're a grand poo-bah wizard or something and buy you drinks all night.