Kids these days

I occasionally read about Mumsnet members on one outrage bus or another in the paper so I went to check it out. It's mostly hilarious middle class oneupwomanship but then I found this in the teenager forum:

I don't know what to do - 14 year old DD's [darling daughter] explicit video

My 14 year old DD informed me a couple of weeks ago that she had sent some topless photos of herself to a couple of boys at school. She was very upset and knew she had done a stupid thing, her excuse was that she felt pressured by the boys because she thought they wouldn't like her if she didn't. Says a lot for her self-esteem, right? It wasn't even a BF!! She had confided in a friend whom she trusted, who had then betrayed her by telling everyone at school, with the consequence that she is now the subject of bitchiness and name calling. She is absolutely distraught. It gets worse however. I found out yesterday (by snooping on her bbm) that she also sent a video of herself 'fingering' herself (I assume that means masturbating) to the same boys.
I picked the wrong time to be 14. Does anyone have any idea if this is what the kids are really up to these days?

I occasionally read about Mumsnet members on one outrage bus or another in the paper so I went to check it out. It's mostly hilarious middle class oneupwomanship but then I found this in the teenager forum:

I picked the wrong time to be 14. Does anyone have any idea if this is what the kids are really up to these days?
Why do you want to know Gary?