Kids and Guns (channel 4 ) what did you think?

Hexi Block

Old-Salt
I am still quite shocked at what I've seen.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I am still quite shocked at what I've seen.
I'm not shocked, they're all a bit simple in the head. Poor Davros couldn't work out that firing that rifle might hurt his young daughter but he wanted her to shoot a pig, how old was she 4? Machine gun family were going to defend themselves after finding enough sandbags...

Hexi Block

Old-Salt
I'm not shocked, they're all a bit simple in the head. Poor Davros couldn't work out that firing that rifle might hurt his young daughter but he wanted her to shoot a pig, how old was she 4? Machine gun family were going to defend themselves after finding enough sandbags...

She was 4 yes. 'Simple' you mean .22 in the head that 9? Year old boy. Allowed to go off on his own to shoot a rabbit un supervised. No f ing sympathy at all, for the uncle father or mother.
As for the vet with one arm with the 4 year old. WTF? I just dont get it. In the info bit it said 3,000 children are killed each year.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
She was 4 yes. 'Simple' you mean .22 in the head that 9? Year old boy. Allowed to go off on his own to shoot a rabbit un supervised. No f ing sympathy at all, for the uncle father or mother.
As for the vet with one arm with the 4 year old. WTF? I just dont get it. In the info bit it said 3,000 children are killed each year.
Well I do feel sympathy for them, they were also brought up that it's perfectly alright. I don't think I'd like to be out walking the dog, dodging 4 yr olds firing large calibre rifles.
I guess it's normal for them and it also explains a lot about them.
We mustn't judge them and their father brothers.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Hexi Block

Old-Salt
But knowing he went off on his own with a .22 rifle without supervision just seems irresponsible to me. I can understand teaching children weapon safety, but these are extremely dangerous toys.
Attention span of a child and knowing how dangerous carrying a loaded firearm is.
Its bad enough with recruits!
Also the father went through how that paticular junior rifle was cocked and loaded. Then dropped it butt on the floor and it went off! Thats how they think he shot himself in the fore head crossing a ditch, slipped dropped rifle.
Why no safety catch? Sorry no sympathy.
The child by accident shot himself. FACT
The mother bought him the rifle with the kids pocket money. FACT.
The father and uncle both new he was going off on his own to shoot rabbits. FACT.
I have no sympathy for these people. FACT.

I realise they have a different culture but The U S of A should be disarmed including its armed forces. It would save a lot of world pain plus all those poor fluffy things on four legs.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I did find it odd no safety catch. I think they stopped the filming before the 4 yr old screamed at the squirrel being cut up.

Hexi Block

Old-Salt

Did you see the Davros mobile. Cammed up ATV. Do you think he was EOD and just kept it.
The gun family all had assault weapons in their bedrooms but daddy kept all the ammo. Seems to be a bit of a contradiction. The daughter looked mightily bored during the weapons lesson.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Did you see the Davros mobile. Cammed up ATV. Do you think he was EOD and just kept it.
The gun family all had assault weapons in their bedrooms but daddy kept all the ammo. Seems to be a bit of a contradiction. The daughter looked mightily bored during the weapons lesson.
Yeah he probably cobbled it together with the one hand that still worked.
They're different to us, we mustn't judge.

Hexi Block

Old-Salt
My uncle had a farm and when i was say 10ish i use to shoot rabbits with 12gague pump action. He was always right next basically holding it. I then with my sister and mum skin gut and cook said furry things ( snared or dog ones not the lead ridden ones) and have em with bread crumbs and chips.

I think its good for kids to learn about this sort of stuff but it seemed parently driven. How many guns does a 9 year old need?

Fucked up society that needs to be armed to the teeth to "Defend their home from burglars". The only people those kids are likely to shoot are either their classmates and/or parents in a few years time when they go postal. As seems to happen on a far too regular basis over there - you never hear of an "armed citizen" taking out one of these nutters either, they usually shoot themselves. Thank **** the Atlantic is as wide as it is.

Slightly OT but in respect of the whole defending themselves and others shite, how many of these mass shootings have been stopped by a member of the NRA who just happened to be in the right place? Anyone? Nope? So that argument is a crock of shite straight away.

2/51

LE
I have no issues what so ever with a child having a gun for legitimate sporting purposes such as target shooting. BUT, it should be in a controlled environment, on a range, at properly organised events. Most importantly, the child has to want to shoot, not be forced to shoot by an over enthusiastic family member!

I was shooting on a 50m indoor range from around 11. Mainly with a .22 Martini, which you could not fire fast even if you wanted too, and a .22 Anshutz target rifle. The rifle sat on the range, I took up position, fired, left the rifle where it was and an adult did the rest.

Giving a 4 year old a weapon that had a large calibre, and expecting her to enjoy shooting was just madness....although I liked the iPhone attachment!

My 11-yo has been shooting my .22 at targets and tin cans since she was 9. She is level headed, sensible and mature for her age, who understands my safety rules and sticks to them without question. (and I have to say she is a bloody good shot)

Let her do it on her own? No f*cking chance. I'm about 2 feet away watching her like a hawk.

lewiscollins

Old-Salt
I had to laugh at the Las Vegas family who go out into the desert and bring range controllers and a trauma team.

i would have thought the first thing they would have done is bring an instructor to show them how to hold/control/fire the weapons first - they were abysmal.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I had to laugh at the Las Vegas family who go out into the desert and bring range controllers and a trauma team.

i would have thought the first thing they would have done is bring an instructor to show them how to hold/control/fire the weapons first - they were abysmal.
Yeah more sandbags, more sandbags.

Or their cousin wives.

I would like a cousin wife. My cousin is well fit.

haven't seen the programme, so can't comment but judging from the low-level outrage, I assume it was about yank families and their shooting hobbies? so what, they aren't harming you.

lewiscollins

Old-Salt
I would like a cousin wife. My cousin is well fit.

haven't seen the programme, so can't comment but judging from the low-level outrage, I assume it was about yank families and their shooting hobbies? so what, they aren't harming you.

Maybe some of us are a bit shocked at seeing a 4 year old given a 44 Mag short rifle and taken out to the back garden to shoot it with no ear protection and her dad basically forcing her to shhot the thing resulting in an unsurprising amount of kick back and said 4 year old having the s%%% scared out of her.

or maybe the 9 year old who was let off into the woods to hunt alone and slipped reulting in a .22 to the forehead

Latest Threads